+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chettle

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Do you think it's because the so called favourites have turned him down or is he hoping Chettle comes good over the next couple of games so he can give him the job.
    No to both, I think he just realised that yet again he spoke too soon and "promised" something quicker than he could actually deliver it and is now backtracking. Saying he'd have someone in by Saturday was always an unrealistic aim if he didn't already have someone lined up and ready to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Correct. Any manager with half a brain will not want to come an work for a complete idiot. They will have been informed the club is a nest of vipers.
    Do you fancy a job as Notts County Publicity Agent?

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    No to both, I think he just realised that yet again he spoke too soon and "promised" something quicker than he could actually deliver it and is now backtracking. Saying he'd have someone in by Saturday was always an unrealistic aim if he didn't already have someone lined up and ready to sign.
    Agreed. People seem open to Chettle being given the job on the back of one game in the TinPot Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    AH is now saying he won't be rushed into appointing a new manager though we were hoping to have someone in place by Saturday.
    Do you think it's because the so called favourites have turned him down or is he hoping Chettle comes good over the next couple of games so he can give him the job.
    We don't know who the so-called favourites are or were, just paper talk and Chinese whispers so we don't know who, if anyone, has turned us down. Why people take notice of that awful "newspaper" the Daily Mail is beyond me. Wikipedia has a sister website called RationalWiki, read what they have to say about the Daily Mail.

The possible drawback of promoting a temporary like Chettle into the top job is his relationship with the players he has already worked with. How he got on with them I have no idea, but if he was too pally he might have difficulty in changing from being one of the lads into being the boss and telling them "I'M in charge now, do it MY way".

Hasn't Chettle been part of the first team coaching staff for a while now? I get the impression he is likeable in the changing room so might actually do a half decent job of getting us organised in the short term. Not saying he is the answer but at the moment things can't get any worse.

More interestingly how will he react if Stead and Hemmings are fit again for saturday? It seems that Dennis and Enzio up front could actually be a better option now Dennis has decided he is a capable goal scorer again!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    Agreed. People seem open to Chettle being given the job on the back of one game in the TinPot Trophy.
    I'm most certainly not in favour of it at all we've been here before and it never works Brazil/Kiwomya.

MIG is getting some stick and he might be going OTT on Hardy but his view isn't far off managers with a half decent rep won't want to manage us as they know they could be out of the job by xmas.

No way is Kewell getting his contract fully paid up they will have a clause put in it I think Ray Trew might have stated something like this when he was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I'm most certainly not in favour of it at all we've been here before and it never works Brazil/Kiwomya.

MIG is getting some stick and he might be going OTT on Hardy but his view isn't far off managers with a half decent rep won't want to manage us as they know they could be out of the job by xmas.

No way is Kewell getting his contract fully paid up they will have a clause put in it I think Ray Trew might have stated something like this when he was in charge.
    MIG is just a man with issues who hates Hardy, he has no real interest in the team, club or players, he just wants to slag off Hardy as much as he can.

You really think managers will be put off by Hardy? Nolan was in the job for over a year and was back financially very well, Kewell is the only short term appointment.
    They will look at the players available in the squad and think they can do much better than Kewell and jump at the opportunity.

MIG is just a man with issues who hates Hardy, he has no real interest in the team, club or players, he just wants to slag off Hardy as much as he can.

You really think managers will be put off by Hardy? Nolan was in the job for over a year and was back financially very well, Kewell is the only short term appointment.
    They will look at the players available in the squad and think they can do much better than Kewell and jump at the opportunity.
    Not just Hardy but the position of the club and our sacking of managers over the years.

I guess we have a squad that could be around mid table but I will tell you this arrogance crept into our club over the summer certain people thought after the play offs it would be a breeze.

It is important that this decision is correct and I for one don't want the dynamic trio of Chettle, Hart and Crossley leading us.

I think people saw how he changed the side,gave our costly striker someone to play off and gave us a bench with more than a sprinkling of variety!....which is more than we've seen for quite a few weeks!...and a degree of optimism (even though it's a Mickey Mouse trophy it can bring confidence back)

And judging by his interview after the match seems to know where our weaknesses are!....whether or not he addresses them remains to be seen but by all accounts he did a good job at Ilkeston Town,is bringing the best out of some of our youngsters so why not give him a couple of games before rushing in and finding another 'fish out of water' victim!

I think we've run out of tried and tested or willing candidates but whoever gets the job will always have their detractors on here so what's to lose to see how his ideas pan out v Cheltenham!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We don't know who the so-called favourites are or were, just paper talk and Chinese whispers so we don't know who, if anyone, has turned us down. Why people take notice of that awful "newspaper" the Daily Mail is beyond me. Wikipedia has a sister website called RationalWiki, read what they have to say about the Daily Mail.

The possible drawback of promoting a temporary like Chettle into the top job is his relationship with the players he has already worked with. How he got on with them I have no idea, but if he was too pally he might have difficulty in changing from being one of the lads into being the boss and telling them "I'M in charge now, do it MY way".
    Extract from Urban Dictionary
    "Online " offshoot" of wiki devoted to propagating left-wing ideals without explicitly stating so. The title "Rational Wiki" is deliberately misleading, as it implies a logical, unbiased, emotionally detached approach, when the site reads like a hotly opinionated liberal blog "

I guess you pays your money, and takes your choice . I agree with the rest of what you say though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast