+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chettle

Chettle

AH is now saying he won't be rushed into appointing a new manager though we were hoping to have someone in place by Saturday.
    Do you think it's because the so called favourites have turned him down or is he hoping Chettle comes good over the next couple of games so he can give him the job.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    AH is now saying he won't be rushed into appointing a new manager though we were hoping to have someone in place by Saturday.
    Do you think it's because the so called favourites have turned him down or is he hoping Chettle comes good over the next couple of games so he can give him the job.
    Possibly, yes. I think many of us have been guilty of assuming that the like of Appleton, Ardley and Hurst would be up for joining Notts. But given the way the club has been run over the last decade or so, any manager worth their salt would surely think twice before getting involved. No matter what Hardy says about 5-year plans and long-term visions, whoever becomes our next manager will almost certainly be out of the job within a year or so. History tells us that. There's a small chance that they'll be the one, and that Notts will suddenly become a well-run club that achieves steady progress with a stable team on and off the pitch, but we've been waiting for that for decades now.

So if the 'big guns' don't want in, we're left with Nolan and the second-tier candidates. In many ways, it makes sense for Hardy to bide his time and see what Chettle can get out of the team over the next few weeks. Can't see it working out, but you never know.

Why not come to Notts'? Yes, you probably will get sacked earlier than at another club,but they won't be short of offers to manage again.Ardley, Hurst being prime examples,plus you will get a nice pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Why not come to Notts'? Yes, you probably will get sacked earlier than at another club,but they won't be short of offers to manage again.Ardley, Hurst being prime examples,plus you will get a nice pay off.
    But they will probably get an offer from a club that seems more stable and higher up the league/s than Notts. Being one place above going into non league football and sacking 2 managers already this season is not a very attractive proposition imo.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Possibly, yes. I think many of us have been guilty of assuming that the like of Appleton, Ardley and Hurst would be up for joining Notts. But given the way the club has been run over the last decade or so, any manager worth their salt would surely think twice before getting involved. No matter what Hardy says about 5-year plans and long-term visions, whoever becomes our next manager will almost certainly be out of the job within a year or so. History tells us that. There's a small chance that they'll be the one, and that Notts will suddenly become a well-run club that achieves steady progress with a stable team on and off the pitch, but we've been waiting for that for decades now.

So if the 'big guns' don't want in, we're left with Nolan and the second-tier candidates. In many ways, it makes sense for Hardy to bide his time and see what Chettle can get out of the team over the next few weeks. Can't see it working out, but you never know.
    Correct. Any manager with half a brain will not want to come an work for a complete idiot. They will have been informed the club is a nest of vipers.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Correct. Any manager with half a brain will not want to come an work for a complete idiot. They will have been informed the club is a nest of vipers.
    Don't mince your words Mr 'I'm not bitter just questioning competence'!

Wow.

Any manager with half a brain WOULD come. Here is why. Get a 3 year contract, get sacked in 6 months but have my 3 years paid up. Imagine doing that at half a dozen clubs. 3 years work with the best part of 20 years pay.

I love reading your posts, it gives me the best laugh of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Wow.

Any manager with half a brain WOULD come. Here is why. Get a 3 year contract, get sacked in 6 months but have my 3 years paid up. Imagine doing that at half a dozen clubs. 3 years work with the best part of 20 years pay.
    Are you that naive you honestly think managers get their contracts paid up in full at this level. These managers will have a 3 month, 6 month pay up clause at best because they are desperate for a job and a chance to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I love reading your posts, it gives me the best laugh of the day.
    So you think I'm wrong Joe. Lets just see who he appoints this time and who wants to come.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast