+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Cynic in me

The Cynic in me

A little tongue in cheek, or maybe not!!!!!
    Is this a deliberate ploy of the scum from Rushcliffe.
    Get Hart, Crossley & Chettle out of our club and I'm sure we'll improve.......

No just the dire players Nolan brought in

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Many Southampton fans still believe that then Pompey owner Milan Mandaric connived with Harry Redknapp to have the latter move from Pompey to Southampton to get them relegated. As soon as Southampton were down, Redknapp promptly went back to Pompey, saying it was his spiritual home. The way things panned out, you can hardly blame Saints fans for their suspicions.

Taken out of the league by a bunch of ex-forest players?

If that's to happen, at least make it by our own useless ex-players.

Why would Forest want to harm Notts County? They'd get no advantage from it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There's no reason for hostility between the clubs, especially at the moment when it would be at least two seasons before County could be in the same division or a higher one than Forest. I know that you have a huge squad at present which must reduce the salaries offered and the quality of players you attract, but so does Forest as well as academy players who don't seem to be getting fed through into the team.
    maybe there's some way of coming to an arrangement where you could reduce the size of your squad and concentrate on getting the players you want and supplementing this by bringing in some of the Forest academy players and the out of favour or non-playing squad members so that they have more chance of match experience. Obviously it would have to be designed so that it was affordable, didn't hit your academy and left you free to make team choices but it might help, and as you got promotion you could wind the scheme down if you wished (or even have it working the other way).

Steady on Redrag. Don't p i s s on our chips (on the shoulders, that is).