+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nations League.

Nations League.

What a load of tosh...why have teams split into divisions A-D. If the winners of all four divisions get a place in the EURO 2020 Finals?

It's a back door entry for your Hollands and Italy's of this world who lost Fifa money by not qualifying for the last World Cup.

Why don't England just drop down a division and win B Level?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    What a load of tosh...why have teams split into divisions A-D. If the winners of all four divisions get a place in the EURO 2020 Finals?

It's a back door entry for your Hollands and Italy's of this world who lost Fifa money by not qualifying for the last World Cup.

Why don't England just drop down a division and win B Level?
    I think it's ok myself , may need to revisit one or two areas but it does give games a competitive edge .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think it's ok myself , may need to revisit one or two areas but it does give games a competitive edge .
    What is the point in promotion and relegation from A1-A4 though when the winners of A1-A4 meet in the semi finals? Likewise why does it matter if you're in B1-B4 when if you win the B1-B4 play-offs you get a place in the EURO's?

I get the incentive but it's floored on so many levels. It's Euro's before the Euro's. Is it Europe's attempt at the confederations cup. It would be better if the winners of Group A, B, C and D all played in a less shortened version of a finals.

If you're gunna have a competition don't disguise it as something less.

Better still have an expanded world cup every two years and do away with all this crap that no one gets

Play Unda 21s !!!!

Load of shi te , they ruin everything

Despite the daft format I must say I've really enjoyed watching the games, they're well contested and are a far better spectacle than friendlies

England win A1 and then nations league final to qualify for Euro 2020 n' still have to play 10 meaningless qualifiers. I thought whole idea was to get rid of meaningless matches