+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January transfer window.

January transfer window.

I think the next window is massive for the Club.

After a number of failed, disappointing Windows, the last being the worst, I believe many supporters loyalties, especially those of season ticket holders, are being tested to the limit.

Many have stuck with the Club, including me, in the hope that, this time he must be going to spend.

After seeing Ashley pocket 20 million in the Summer, I think many will walk away should he not invest in the New Year. Sort of - enough is enough.

It's a huge transfer window your right .i don't have high hopes at all tbh

We were in the **** last year and all we got was loans.For me,this year will be no different regards spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post

After a number of failed, disappointing Windows, the last being the worst, I believe many supporters loyalties, especially those of season ticket holders, are being tested to the limit.

Many have stuck with the Club, including me, in the hope that, this time he must be going to spend.

After seeing Ashley pocket 20 million in the Summer, I think many will walk away should he not invest in the New Year. Sort of - enough is enough.
    Maybe stop worrying about what Ashley's pocketing and concentrate on having a squad turned into a football team with what we have and wheel and deal with in the transfer windows.
    We've shown in the last few games that this squad is capable of doing way better than it's been showing.

It also shows that buying for the sake of it just because some fans don't think we've spent big money, is not always the answer to the conundrum that is Newcastle United football club and it's internal workings, from this date and many dates in the past.

We go to watch football and hope to see decent football. We got a glimpse of some decent football last week against a team that spent bigger than we did.
    Same with Watford, regardless of us carrying luck. We carried luck when playing negative far too often and managed to get away with one goal defeats amid the dross.

I'd take the Bournemouth game of football all season long, because it shows we have much better than what some fans think.
    The biggest issue is in fans having to understand that, You got to fight for what you want,
    For all that you believe.
    It's right to fight for what we want,
    to live the way we please.

As long as we have done our best,
    then no-one can do more,
    then Newcastle United football club
    is well worth fighting for.

And we should never count the cost,
    or worry that we'll fall.
    It's better to have fought and lost
    than not have fought at all.

Let's always take whatever comes
    and never try to hide.
    Face anything and anyone
    together, side by side.

Too true

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Maybe stop worrying about what Ashley's pocketing and concentrate on having a squad turned into a football team with what we have and wheel and deal with in the transfer windows.
    We've shown in the last few games that this squad is capable of doing way better than it's been showing.

It also shows that buying for the sake of it just because some fans don't think we've spent big money, is not always the answer to the conundrum that is Newcastle United football club and it's internal workings, from this date and many dates in the past.

We go to watch football and hope to see decent football. We got a glimpse of some decent football last week against a team that spent bigger than we did.
    Same with Watford, regardless of us carrying luck. We carried luck when playing negative far too often and managed to get away with one goal defeats amid the dross.

I'd take the Bournemouth game of football all season long, because it shows we have much better than what some fans think.
    The biggest issue is in fans having to understand that, You got to fight for what you want,
    For all that you believe.
    It's right to fight for what we want,
    to live the way we please.

As long as we have done our best,
    then no-one can do more,
    then Newcastle United football club
    is well worth fighting for.

And we should never count the cost,
    or worry that we'll fall.
    It's better to have fought and lost
    than not have fought at all.

Let's always take whatever comes
    and never try to hide.
    Face anything and anyone
    together, side by side.
    That's all very nice.

We have great support, supporters spending their hard earned to follow the players far and wide. I do, however, see empty seats in parts of the ground that were previously occupied. But you can't question the support.

Neither can you question the effort of the players, they give it their all, and I believe it is because they 'get' what it means to play for us.

I also believe Rafa is a good man, a good manager, and someone who instills in the players what our Club is about.

All of the above are pulling together for our Club.

Sadly that's where it ends.

The one person who is not 'in this together' is one Mike Ashley, our owner, who tells lies, promises money generated by the Club, and sticks the V's up at fans.

And he, ultimately will be why supporters say they've had enough.

That's all very nice.

We have great support, supporters spending their hard earned to follow the players far and wide. I do, however, see empty seats in parts of the ground that were previously occupied. But you can't question the support.
    I have no need to question the overall support.
    People have their own minds on what they think they deserve as a fan and what the club should be doing to provide it.
    Not all will agree with each but regardless of that the ground is always close to full when it appears that most people are ready for boycott's and such like.
    It shows there's much more to it and is why Newcastle United fans are called very loyal and passionate.

But here's something that may shock you.
    It doesn't always take potential disasters of relegation fights and lack of ready cash net spending to dismiss a large proportion of a crowd. Success and a few years blip from the power of success can dissipate many a crowd to scarce levels in many cases.

Remember: Newcastle crowds dwindled to half in the earlier times of the 32,000 capacity, but the die-hards were always the backbone that kept the clock ticking. Like many clubs like ours, including Sunderland.
    Look at their crowds and they're in league one.
    We would be the same if we were in league one, because the fans are passionate about the club, not the board or owners.
    These days it's easier to go with season tickets on a payment plan which ensures near full grounds, in much more crowd friendly environments, even though the old school would prefer the rough and tumble of the stand up crowds of those days...as you will appreciate being old school yourself.

Neither can you question the effort of the players, they give it their all, and I believe it is because they 'get' what it means to play for us.
    They do give their all in the main but giving your all in one set up may or may not reap rewards. Changing the set up to give players more balance as a team, throughout with emphasis on taking advantage of putting any team on the back foot as and when capable and as mindset of going into a game to win rather than not to lose, is a massive gee up for players and fans, in my honest opinion.

Look at the change in Ritchie and Kenedy in getting forward and creating. Look at the benefit for Rondon and so on and so on.

I also believe Rafa is a good man, a good manager, and someone who instills in the players what our Club is about.
    I know he's a good manager but I happen to believe he's been playing it far too cautious with a near set team rather than using potential in a squad to change it up.
    I keep hearing the old goal difference argument. That's all well and good but we are after being entertained and being a nice man who ensures we only lose by one goal in a dire game is worth nothing other than weekly frustration and misery for the fan.

He might be a very good man in all aspects.
    I'm interested in what he can do for Newcastle United with players he buys, loans and has at his disposal, plus his ability to enhance their talents.
    I believe he falls short in this department in terms of a stubborn refusal to take the bull by the horns with players, yet managed to do a bit of it against Bournemouth which produced a gulf in feel good factor for fans and incoming players...not to mention the gee up for those that were already part of the regular team and basically grafting but festering a little bit.

All of the above are pulling together for our Club.
    Most are, I agree. They're putting in some effort and commitment for the manager and us fans. A little bit of guile on the back of that graft can amass points from the front foot as has been shown.

Sadly that's where it ends.
    Nope. That's where it can begin.
    If Rafa can carry on the way he's going he can change this season around for us and change the fortunes of many players within the club.
    The potential is there to harness to easily get us out of the doldrums.
    This is where Rafa can really earn his corn, for me.

The one person who is not 'in this together' is one Mike Ashley, our owner, who tells lies, promises money generated by the Club, and sticks the V's up at fans.
    He owns the club and runs it as a premier league club whilst using a manager that's deemed world class who he pays extremely handsomely along with Rafa's staff.
    Arguing a case for it not being a premier league club only holds water when we are literally not a premier league club.
    Clearly as it stands, it is not the case.
    I'd say Ashley is onboard with the club.
    His fan love for the club might have waned. His adherence to the fans might have took a critical turn for the bad...but then again he's entitled to go that way considering many fans have tried to crucify him for close to 11 years (whether or not he was/is to blame) but yet most have always played the petal pulling of, he loves us he, loves us not...we like him, we like him not....we accept him, we accept him not, scenarios over the years...depending on the footballing climate of the time at hand.

And he, ultimately will be why supporters say they've had enough.
    No he won't.
    He may be the reason why SOME supporters refuse to go or give up...but regardless of who owns the club, it's still Newcastle United football club and a club I will be a fan and supporter of like 99.9% until it ceases to be a club or I/them cease to be alive...regardless.

Thank you for your reply.

But why do you go on for so long?

I'm sure it's well worded and contains well put points, but I don't have time to read that.

And I haven't.

I'm sure it's well worded and contains well put points, but I don't have time to read that.

And I haven't.
    You may not have the time nor the inclination to read it but many others might...or might not.
    The fact is I spent the time to answer a post by you which is now in the forum and finished with.
    Nobody needs to even look and it can simply fall off the forum, then we go onto the next topics.
    That's the nature of the beast.

And I haven't.
    It’s a novel every time. Takes suspiciously long to basically defend Ashley and slag off Rafa. Usually it’s full of contradictions and contains the vague sentence “we should be having a go” 10 times, but I wouldn’t know if that’s the case as I didn’t and will not read it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)