+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T What to do when we have no game?

Is this a different team to Wombwell Main FC?

EDIT: Yes it is, they're in the division above.
    Last edited by great_fire; 17-11-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zip64 View Post
    Change of plan.....i travelled the huge distance of 500 yards to my local non-league teams game at 2pm.

Wombwell Town 3 Stocksbridge P.S Development 1
    Sheffield County Senior League Division 2
    Recreation Ground Wombwell
    Attendance 100 approx
    Admission free....Programme £1....John Smith's £2.50

Wombwell were reformed during the Summer and have won all 12 competitive games so far this season in Step 9 of the Non League Pyramid, scoring 50 goals and conceding just 14.
    Top scorer Luke Norbury (who netted his 15th of the season this aft with the penalty shown below) is the son of former Preston, Cambridge and Donny player Micky Norbury who played just short of 100 League games for those clubs....Millers fans may remember he scored twice v us for Preston in a 5-2 defeat at Deepdale in 1993.
    Wombwell's management team include 3 former Barnsley players Doug O'Connor, Karl Rose and James Dudgeon....O'Connor was heavily involved at Shaw Lane Aquaforce who folded last year.
    1-0 down inside the first 15 minutes and well under the cosh, i thought i was bringing the kiss of death to Wombwell's winning run, but an equaliser on the stroke of half time changed the complexion of the game and "The Wellers" ran out comfortable 3-1 winners in the end.
    Games ends at 3.50 and i'm back home at 3.55 with kettle on.....result.Attachment 11136
    James is a mate of mine and I know Karl reasonably well , glad you enjoyed it .

Karl is very passionate to say the least and won't stand any nonsense , James drinks a lot of lager and our lass knows more about football than that half wit , sorry James but you are a deluded Geordie when all is said and done .

:-) :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123