+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Withdrawal Agreement - 'Peace in our time'

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    61,936 votes in Swansea as they win the vote to leave the EU. Are they the Little Welsh , or honorary Little Englanders ?

They do tend to be of smaller stature though .
    Don't forget every one who voted leave are old,white,uneducated racist bigots. All 17 million of them,and had no idea what they were voting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangsta_Pie_The_2nd View Post
    I'm sick to death of hearing about the "People's Vote", we've had the referendum for in/out any 'vote' now should be on May's Deal or No Deal
    It won't be will it?
    Can we please ditch this ''Peoples Vote' bollox - it's a Second Referendum.
    Add it to the list.

It would be a choice of Remain or Chequers.
    May has said there won't be another vote. She's definitely not been on the phone to Camoron to ask the printers if they have any stock left over to print a leaflet costing nine million quid to reassure us that the Government will abide by the, er,......,.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What we had was the Little Englanders' vote. Now people are better informed, it would be a true people's vote.
    Sorry I forgot that because I voted leave I'm clinically brain dead.

I'll let you know if I knew what I was voting for or not thank you.

I'd still vote leave if it was going to make me 10k a year poorer, never mind the 2.5k they're banding about. My principals and values are worth more than money, I don't believe in the European "project" aka concentration camp.

I'd still vote leave if it was going to make me 10k a year poorer, never mind the 2.5k they're banding about. My principals and values are worth more than money, I don't believe in the European "project" aka concentration camp.
    That's good for you mate but when I work full time now and can't afford to get to the end of the month then I'm sure being an extra ten grand worse off would enrich my life and millions of other fellow brits lives immeasurably, I owe you a massive thanks.

Good one clown.

It's so easy to spout a load of garbage when you'll never have to put it to the test.

In my opinion we should have had a referendum over Maastricht which changed the common market to a United States of Europe.

If we had we wouldn’t have been a member now.

However we democratically voted to leave so we leave for better or for worse.

Quite simply no one knows what the effect of no deal will be.

What it does mean is that our Parliament is again Sovereign. I have faith that as a nation we will find a path to win the war but may lose a few battles along the way.

... an aside for no particular reason, beloved by many Remoaners the MP for Rushcliffe never read the Maastricht sell out. I know because he told me. Self promotion was always his game and still is - patronising loser.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    However we democratically voted to leave so we leave for better or for worse.

Quite simply no one knows what the effect of no deal will be.
    Well, here's the government prediction of what leaving will mean for the economy:

"Official figures say the UK economy could be up to 3.9% smaller after 15 years under Theresa May's Brexit plan, compared with staying in the EU. But a no-deal Brexit could deliver a 9.3% hit, the new estimates say. The Treasury estimates do not put a cash figure on the potential impact on the economy, but independent experts have said that 3.9% of GDP would equate to about £100bn a year by the 2030s".

So in just over a decade we will be around £100 billion worse off per year!!! What a legacy the gammon generation are leaving for future ones. I wonder if MPs will have the guts to put and end to this farce?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46366162

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Well, here's the government prediction of what leaving will mean for the economy:

"Official figures say the UK economy could be up to 3.9% smaller after 15 years under Theresa May's Brexit plan, compared with staying in the EU. But a no-deal Brexit could deliver a 9.3% hit, the new estimates say. The Treasury estimates do not put a cash figure on the potential impact on the economy, but independent experts have said that 3.9% of GDP would equate to about £100bn a year by the 2030s".

So in just over a decade we will be around £100 billion worse off per year!!! What a legacy the gammon generation are leaving for future ones. I wonder if MPs will have the guts to put and end to this farce?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46366162
    Like you say, this is only a prediction. You can believe these figures if you so want, but then again, you don't. Look at the prediction for GDP saying what it would be like after the referendum, and then you can come to the conclusion that only time will tell what is correct, as most of the predictions about a leave vote was wrong. Here is the link:-https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/524967/hm_treasury_analysis_the_immediate_economic_impact _of_leaving_the_eu_web.pdf

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast