+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Withdrawal Agreement - 'Peace in our time'

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Like you say, this is only a prediction.
    Correct, it is only a prediction, but how many now are predicting we will be better off after leaving? Post a few links to predictions that suggest the economy will flourish and I'll give them a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Correct, it is only a prediction, but how many now are predicting we will be better off after leaving? Post a few links to predictions that suggest the economy will flourish and I'll give them a read.
    I do not need to try and find anything like this as I never said that the country will be better off. All I said was that the predictions are exactly that, predictions. Most of the ones so far have been totally wrong, from both sides. Do you not think that many have voted to leave the EU, not because of money, but because they do not want to be ruled by Brussels? That is what the politicians need to understand. They can brandish these figures around as much as they want, but that will not change many minds at all.
    Like I said, you can believe these figures or not, but it is the same people who have released these predictions today who got the original prediction wrong.

Do you not think that many have voted to leave the EU, not because of money, but because they do not want to be ruled by Brussels?
    Do you think the agreement Theresa May has negotiated cuts us free from EU rules?

Do you think the agreement Theresa May has negotiated cuts us free from EU rules?
    No I don't. I think this is a very bad deal. She has tried to please everyone and ended up upsetting everyone. Instead of a good deal for us, the EU have got everything they wanted, the money and the say when the UK will leave.

I would like this deal to be renegotiated, but I doubt this will happen, but no matter what happens in the vote next month, the EU will not give us another deal, especially one that means the UK will benefit in anyway. That is why we needed someone stronger than May to negotiate, but we didn't and now we have this mess. The EU have us by the balls and they are calling all the shots because of May's inability to get a better deal, and it looks like she will surrender Gibraltar as well. This will be unforgivable if it does happen.

But at the end of the day, the UK is leaving the Eu and we will have to get on with it and do the best we can as a country to overcome all the hurdles along the way.

Never in the field of human conflict has so much time been wasted by so few, for so long, on so many and they are still completely unaware of what the f 00 k is going on and when it's happening, where, when & how.

Truly Amazing.

No I don't. I think this is a very bad deal. She has tried to please everyone and ended up upsetting everyone. Instead of a good deal for us, the EU have got everything they wanted, the money and the say when the UK will leave.

I would like this deal to be renegotiated, but I doubt this will happen, but no matter what happens in the vote next month, the EU will not give us another deal, especially one that means the UK will benefit in anyway. That is why we needed someone stronger than May to negotiate, but we didn't and now we have this mess. The EU have us by the balls and they are calling all the shots because of May's inability to get a better deal, and it looks like she will surrender Gibraltar as well. This will be unforgivable if it does happen.

But at the end of the day, the UK is leaving the Eu and we will have to get on with it and do the best we can as a country to overcome all the hurdles along the way.
    I certainly agree with you that "The EU have us by the balls and they are calling all the shots". Not sure it's all down to May's lack of negotiating skills though, why would the EU help us out when we've basically stuck two fingers up at them? Unless you are one of those who wets their pants worrying about an 'EU Superstate' what will we get by leaving that outweighs the benefits of remaining? I warned from the start that the noble sounding buzzphrase "Taking control of our own destiny" meant in reality that control would be in the hands of a divided and incompetent Conservative government. How many leave voters are happy with the deal they've come up with?

I certainly agree with you that "The EU have us by the balls and they are calling all the shots". Not sure it's all down to May's lack of negotiating skills though, why would the EU help us out when we've basically stuck two fingers up at them? Unless you are one of those who wets their pants worrying about an 'EU Superstate' what will we get by leaving that outweighs the benefits of remaining? I warned from the start that the noble sounding buzzphrase "Taking control of our own destiny" meant in reality that control would be in the hands of a divided and incompetent Conservative government. How many leave voters are happy with the deal they've come up with?
    The EU will not help us out in any way as they know that if Brexit is a success, then that will be the demise of the EU as we know it.

I do not wet my pants at all, and I really do not care if the EU wants to become a superstate or not, but if it did, it would not last (looking at history tells us that).

I do not know what we will get from leaving and I have never claimed to have known. All I am doing is trying to see it from both sides and make the best out of it for my family and I.

Even though I think May has done a bad job, well, a disaster, I am just glad that Corbyn wasn't the one in charge of the Brexit deal. Now, instead of a disaster, this would have been a catastrophe.

I am unsure how many leave voters are happy with the deal May has secured, maybe you should ask them as I voted remain (But only for financial reasons)

Please tell me what laws brought in by Brussels from which we could not opt out are causing so much pain. Regulations for food and medication, for example, are way ahead of anything the US regulations come up with and if you think this Tory rabble will put public safety before profit you must be a card-carrying Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    if you think this Tory rabble will put public safety before profit you must post as Joe Pass.
    Corrected that for you.

What are the chances of a reply containing the words 'marxist', 'terrorist loving', 'scruffy', and the name 'Corbyn'?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Please tell me what laws brought in by Brussels from which we could not opt out are causing so much pain. Regulations for food and medication, for example, are way ahead of anything the US regulations come up with and if you think this Tory rabble will put public safety before profit you must be a card-carrying Conservative.
    Yes.. but we can/will vote out the Tory rabble

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast