+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next game

Next game

We are at Cheltenham and all the other teams are against sides from the top 6 if we mess up again i fear we will have missed the chance to stay up. We can't afford to not win again when teams around us have hard games. A lot of talk is about the takeover but if we go down it would feel like ncfc no longer exists. It shouldn't be about nerves it's about how much the players want it. If they care as much as they say then prove it because they are certainly more than good enough.

It's simple really. If the team that played against Lincoln and Mansfield turn up, we'll get a result. If the team that played against Port Vale and Newport turn up, we'll lose. So which one will it be?

Unfortunately, the new players have already turned into Notts players now and seem to have lost the drive and positivity that made a difference a few weeks ago. So I think we'll fall short yet again. Please prove me wrong Notts!

If Ardley sends out the same formation against a big and physical Cheltenham, we’ll definitely lose. Midfield strategy needs rethinking, especially with three games next week and two of them must-wins.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    If Ardley sends out the same formation against a big and physical Cheltenham, we’ll definitely lose. Midfield strategy needs rethinking, especially with three games next week and two of them must-wins.
    He needs to put Rose in midfield with Doyle and O'Brien. Play a proper 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 and win the midfield battle

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He needs to put Rose in midfield with Doyle and O'Brien. Play a proper 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 and win the midfield battle
    Agreed. And lets hope Bury run them ragged tonight.

I'm afraid we already lost two must-win games and the rest of the season will be just as unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I'm afraid we already lost two must-win games and the rest of the season will be just as unforgiving.
    I agree Sidney but as my man the Donald says " We will have to wait and see".

I fear the only thing that will reinvigorate the squad is the back view of AH and a rousing visionary speech from a new owner. If that doesn't happen I see no hope of escaping this disastrous situation created by Hardy and Nolan.

The wins against Mansfield and FGR and the draw with Lincoln were welcome certainly but what would we have given for the points gained against them to be lost and those seven points to be taken off Macclesfield or Port Vale or other strugglers, we would be in a higher position than now, wouldn't we? Beating the teams high up the league is no good if teams around us are winning too, that's just keeping pace, we need to be beating the teams around us, taking the points from them, three points for us is three points from them. If any two of the teams above us match us we're down and in fact either of them could afford to lose a game and still stay up, IF they match us in the other games. We have to start winning though, stringing two or three wins together, but having won only six games all season I have no faith in our survival, no faith at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Also, if he keeps making the same predictable crap substitutions then we will definitely lose..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast