+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Withdrawal Agreement - 'Peace in our time'

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    O/T Withdrawal Agreement. I thought this post might be about some of our first ***ual experiences.
    If that was the case, the thread wouldn't last 30 seconds.

Or was that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Why is an EU army a bad idea?
    Because of what I just said.
    The EU is provoking the east all the time. It has already sucked in the satellite countries and is now prodding with a non member.
    So when the Ukraine comes in, do you believe Putin will take that lying down?
    So your EU army will be forced to defend a split country and guess who would be on the front line?

In any case, what is wrong with NATO? (Except from the fair paying dodges like Germany)
    It has kept the peace in Europe and the civilised world for 70 years.
    The only reason a call has been made for an EU army, is to legitimate the superstate you scoff everyone for.
    Flag/anthem/army/law/currency oh yes.

Ever closer union is the cry and Merkel only last week stated, give up your sovereignty.
    For who and what?
    Who elected these EU leaders?

The Commission President and the individual Commissioners are not directly elected by the peoples of Europe. So, in that sense, we cannot “throw the scoundrels out”. It is also true that under the provisions of the EU treaty, the Commission has the sole right to propose EU legislation, which, if passed, is then binding on all the EU member states and the citizens of these member states.

You won't agree with me. But 52% of the electorate do.
    That's what bothers us.
    Once in, who gets them out? Like the politburo, not the electorate.

Because why does a trading group need an army? As Sidders points out, a trading group needing an army is pure opinionated abstract garbage.

Does that also mean a EU Navy? Believe you me , the French Navy are impossible to work with.
    Last edited by navypie; 28-11-2018 at 09:14 PM.

The EU's evolving political structure and modus operandi to me is akin to us making the House of Lords our main legislature. Still if you like that type of government good luck. The EU is a great example of creeping totalitarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    The EU's evolving political structure and modus operandi to me is akin to us making the House of Lords our main legislature. Still if you like that type of government good luck. The EU is a great example of creeping totalitarianism.
    Wow.... this^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So your EU army will be forced to defend a split country and guess who would be on the front line?
    My guess is that the EU army would be on the front line. I'm sure your guess would be that only the brave Brits would be on the front line, because all other EU countries have cowards for soldiers. You really should get out more instead of reading the websites you do.

I think I made that little picture in the top left hand corner as my avatar about 18 months ago and it sums the situation up better now than it did even then. The government are busily promoting economic sanctions against ourselves.

Hilarious to see Brexiters loudly proclaiming that they’re going to vote down May’s deal when If wasn’t for their mate Gina Miller the deal would be done and dusted and they wouldn’t be even getting a say.

I’d scrap the whole thing tomorrow but a People’s Vote is looking ever more likely now. Can’t wait. I think an EU army is a great idea as well.

My guess is that the EU army would be on the front line. I'm sure your guess would be that only the brave Brits would be on the front line, because all other EU countries have cowards for soldiers. You really should get out more instead of reading the websites you do.
    You really think that Spanish forces (for example) would put their lives on the line for France or Italy or any of the other nations? Haven't dealt with the armed forces much have you.

If that was the case, the thread wouldn't last 30 seconds.

Or was that just me?
    Could never understand why the first thing they would ask for afterwards was a taxi.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast