+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Withdrawal Agreement - 'Peace in our time'

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Hahahaha Pugwash, you’re a funny bloke. I fully support the idea of an EU navy as well, with as much bumming as permitted.

I’m not sure about your homophobia allegations. I’ve made lots of (imo) humorous remarks about you being in a ***ual relationship with your captain, but is that homophobic? Your captain might have been a woman, but even if they weren’t, nothing wrong with that. You’ve got to pass those long, lonely hours at sea somehow.

If you’re offended by that, who’s the homophobe then?
    I have never felt offended by you or any other homophobic arse-o-nist . Served under and over many ladies but none were captains as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ok possibly but it's no different from NATO in principle. I'm not really a fan of the idea by the way but just because I think the EU should concentrate on other things.
    I couldn't agree more. But a little different from NATO probably in that I would imagine the EU army, if it ever forms, would comprise of a compulsory obligation from each member state (?) instead of a voluntary alliance. That's when hackles will be raised and nation x will ask why they should commit x,000 troops to any combat zone while nation y can only commit three cooks and a cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I couldn't agree more. But a little different from NATO probably in that I would imagine the EU army, if it ever forms, would comprise of a compulsory obligation from each member state (?) instead of a voluntary alliance. That's when hackles will be raised and nation x will ask why they should commit x,000 troops to any combat zone while nation y can only commit three cooks and a cleaner.
    When the illuminated strike it will be easier for soldiers of a different nationality to control civil unrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My guess is that the EU army would be on the front line. I'm sure your guess would be that only the brave Brits would be on the front line, because all other EU countries have cowards for soldiers. You really should get out more instead of reading the websites you do.
    You know very well that it was me who suggested that the Brits would be on the front line, ahead of our 'partners'.
    I've been interested in 'recent' military history since my mid-****s and read books. Lots of them - finish one, start another.I visit the battlefields, go on organised tours, led by experts.
    Books can be reviewed and slated, I don't read anything on the internet about the subject - you might as well read Wikipedia.
    Did you know that the Polish bomber crews were more likely to turn back than any other? No. I bet you've heard how the Battle Of Britain was won by the Poles though and they never got any recognition.
    Anyway, If you're not interested in military history, read a book about the lead singer of Iron Maiden.
    Maybe not.
    Maiden were asked to do a gig in Serbia during that war and they had to have protection from the Paras whilst they were there who were at the front, clearing snipers and scouting. The rest of the coalition? Standback Fusiliers.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Did you know that the Polish bomber crews were more likely to turn back than any other? No.
    You are correct, I didn't know that.

I bet you've heard how the Battle Of Britain was won by the Poles though and they never got any recognition.
    You lose your bet. I've never heard how the Battle Of Britain was won by the Poles.

Anyway, If you're not interested in military history, read a book about the lead singer of Iron Maiden. Maybe not.
    No maybe about it, it's a definite no. I would rather listen to the sounds of cats mating than Iron Maiden (even though the difference is minimal), so I don't think that will make my reading list.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    It's all hypothetical but I imagine they'd figure out who would contribute what at the very beginning. Anyway Steve Bannon and his new organisation are targeting the European elections in 2019 so in a few months the EU project will probably have a very different direction.

So, after more than two and a half years of inertia (sorry, painstaking negotiation) parliament will finally vote on whether to accept Mrs May's Brexit deal or not. Two questions, the first for anyone and the second just for those who voted to leave:

1. Would you vote in favour of her deal?
    2. Does this deal meet your expectations of what Brexit would mean when you placed your cross on the ballot paper in June 2016?

1. No
    2. No.

1. no
    2. no

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Corrected that for you.

What are the chances of a reply containing the words 'marxist', 'terrorist loving', 'scruffy', and the name 'Corbyn'?
    I love the way the losing remoaners try to talk down the side that won. It must really bug you. I find it very amusing. You and your lover boys, you know the ones I mean, can shout and stamp your feet as much as you want. You should go and live with your undemocratic EU mates, we won’t miss you. We had a referendum, the educated ones won the day. The scare stories and left wing so called academic predictions are all hot air...Hopefully we will move on to a very very hard Brexit, away from the stranglehold of the Evil EU. Anyway...have a good night and a good day....losers.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast