+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO - Kettering Baggie

FAO - Kettering Baggie

Hi Kets,

Next Tuesday night I’m travelling across to watch Stourbridge v Kettering in a top of the table clash.

A very decent standard of football if you fancy coming across and I’ll but you a pint and explain why Boris is “The man”!

Be good to see you if you fancy it?

Sorry Mick, only just seen your message! What time are you coming over? Strangely, I have not been to see Kettering Town at their current venue, so it might be a good idea. I’ll look for a decent pub nearby, although I should be cutting back on the beer intake! Had a taste of non-league on Saturday when we went to watch Corby Town, bloody freezing!

Hi Kets,

They now play at Burton Latimer and I’ve copied the address below.

There’s a very decent clubhouse at the ground,we were there for a cup match so I can vouch for it.

I’m aiming to get there for around 6.00pm so just let me know on here tomorrow if you decide to go.

Stour and Kettering are the joint top sides and six points clear of everyone else so it really is the cream of the division playing and the quality is a fair bit higher than at Corby.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?um=1&...m=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Yes, I’ll head on over there. I know where the ground is, just never been in there! I went to their old Rockingham Road ground, which has now, sadly, been levelled to make way for new houses. Should I hold a rose between my teeth for you to recognise me by?! I’ll be wearing something ‘Albion’, a jumper or hat or whatever!

I’m pretty good with faces Kets so as long as your up by the bar area I’ll spot you and the pushbike!

I wear glasses now and I’ll have a navy zip up and and jeans on.

I’ll be with old poster BrockmoorBaggie Neil and he’s a big lad,bald with grey stubble.......looks like Peter Gabriel on a good day :-))

I reckon WordsleyBaggie Stuart will probably be there as well and I think you may know him?

Hope to be there by around 6.00pm.

Is the clubhouse inside or outside the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Is the clubhouse inside or outside the ground?

Outside......your carer will have no problem finding it!

Bring your mate “Oldham” along with you Kets :-))

Hi Kets,

I have arrived at ground so hopefully see you in Club after 6.00pm.

The thing we all want to know.....will Ketters make it?

Yes he did! It was a good game (not for the Stourbridge fans) which finished 4-2 to Kettering. Made a nice change to go to a game just half a dozen miles down the road! Despite living in the Kettering area, this was the first time I’d been since they left the old Rockingham Road ground; it was good, easy parking, easy to get a drink before the game, easy to get out afterwards and I was home by 10pm.

It was good to see you again, Mick, maybe I’ll come over to Stourbridge for the reverse fixture if it doesn’t clash with the Albion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)