+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What exactly do you think we need?

What exactly do you think we need?

In the January window what or who do we need to make sure we survive? I know we all want that goal scoring striker but I'm thinking I'd rather stick with Rondon up top for the season and maybe improve what's behind him. I would love to see us sign a quality number ten and a defensive midfielder who can do the graft and let Shelvey ping the ball about. I've liked the look of Neal Maupay from Brentford for a while and although he's not a proven prem player think he could be a great asset. Sit him behind Rondon, he can score and create.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    In the January window what or who do we need to make sure we survive? I know we all want that goal scoring striker but I'm thinking I'd rather stick with Rondon up top for the season and maybe improve what's behind him. I would love to see us sign a quality number ten and a defensive midfielder who can do the graft and let Shelvey ping the ball about. I've liked the look of Neal Maupay from Brentford for a while and although he's not a proven prem player think he could be a great asset. Sit him behind Rondon, he can score and create.
    in all honesty we are massively behind in most areas if we want to be JUST an estblished premier league side.

goal keepers. Think we are well stocked

fullbacks.
    Yedlin - is decent but he only has to be better than wanquillo. Could do with a better player and cover
    Dummett - is decent but he only has to be better than lazaar. Could do with a better player and cover

Center backs. impressed with them to be fair

wingers.
    Ritchie is a good player , gives his all. Needs competition for place
    Kennedy isnt ours
    Shatsu. not up to standard so need a left sided player and cover

Center mid.
    in desperate need of a ball winner and cover
    competition for shelvey and Ki

forwards.
    Rondon isnt ours and im personally not a fan but he may come good
    Perez, Muto, Joselu and Gayle should never be anywhere near the starting line up

So, we have decent keepers, good centre backs and Ritchie...

Aye, that pretty much sums up where we are at

how can we be massivly behind
    for gods sake we finished to 10 last season and i would say we are stronger this season
    rondon better than joselwho ??

shar is a good back up foor theback 4

ki is a good replacement for shelvey

i would say we did wel to strengthen in those 3 positions
    if we can get a number 10 in
    another forward and a defensive mid player
    and hopefully a left back that would be great

would like to see kennedy have someone who can push him

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    in all honesty we are massively behind in most areas if we want to be JUST an estblished premier league side.

fullbacks.
    Yedlin - is decent but he only has to be better than wanquillo. Could do with a better player and cover
    Dummett - is decent but he only has to be better than lazaar. Could do with a better player and cover

wingers.
    Kennedy isnt ours

Center mid.

forwards.
    Perez, Muto, Joselu and Gayle should never be anywhere near the starting line up
    gayle wont be as he isnt even playing for us

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

fullbacks.

wingers.
    Kennedy isnt ours

Center mid.

forwards.
    That's a good assessment I'm happy with the keeper and back four but would love to see a better quality LB. Completely agree with you on the midfield part. Up top Joselu agree he just needs to be sold, i don't mind Perez but as a cover player that is why I think we need quality there because Gayle is elsewhere and I'm not sure Muto will cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    for gods sake we finished to 10 last season and i would say we are stronger this season

pboro, for someone who allegedly attends the games, your pretty naive. Almost every fan, critics, pundits and football followers believe we were fortunate to finish where we did.
    The amount of times ive heard "Rafa performed miracles" "other teams bad form" "the winning run" etc etc
    We are not an established premier leagur side mate. We survived ONCE!
    I couldnt give two fecks how much we spend, but i do believe in quality not quantity.

You named the players we have brought in as improvements, are they really better than what left?
    Mbemba, Merino, Saivet, Mitrovic ??
    Sideways steps in my opinion
    If you actually read my post, i say we are massively behind being an established side.
    Like Everton, Bournmouth and Leicester. None of whom are expected to finish in the top 6 but wont be in relegation trouble either.
    We are a side who are expected to be in a relegation dog fight by 7 billion people -2

But you claimed we didn't have one premiership player as we were promoted...?

shelvey wont be any good in the prem next season
    game is to quick and pressured for him

he wasnt all that when we were in the prem
    he is another year older and slower and his game and the likes of what gerrard used to play dont work there now

we dont have one prem class player

most were awfull in the prem with us anyway
    others were brought in for this league and have proven they are just about good enough for that

without Gayles early form we would be in dire straights

we will go up but need a huge overhaul if we want to keep rafa and stay up

He is the gift that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    He is the gift that keeps on giving.
    The one thing you need when your a proven liar and a WUM is a good memory

Unfortunately that’s one of the tools missing from daft lads armoury

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)