+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What exactly do you think we need?

If we don't get injuries over and above normal I'd say we don't need anyone, as long as we don't sell any of our usable squad.

I think we have enough to see us comfortably through this season well away from relegation if we carry on playing like we know we can and using players that are capable of doing a job in positions that they are best fit and stronger in.

Why panic buy in January?
    We all know what panic buys can do.
    Loans are a different kettle of fish but it would have to be foreign loans, of which we are allowed two more, iirc.

A few loan deals in wouldn't go amiss in key positions, one looking like LB and maybe a good additional midfield enforcer.

I think the real changes and needs should be dealt with in the summer where we'll hopefully know what we're dealing with in terms of (hopefully) a sound compromisation of owner and staff, throughout.

We need any owner with any kind of plan as these clueless kings have no plan and that's why we are à mess of a club

The reality is, we aren't a mess of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    We need any owner with any kind of plan as these clueless kings have no plan and that's why we are à mess of a club
    Spot on for me like

An owner who will put in £10 m
    A season instead of taking it out!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The reality is, we aren't a mess of a club.
    I suspect ghost, that Ashley could bankrupt us and drive us out of business and you'd defend it somehow.

I think we need a number 10 to challenge Perez, a solid left-back cover for Dummett and someone in the middle of the park to help cover Shelvey/Ki - although i'd still like to see Longstaff given a proper chance.

That is at bare minimum for Jan - i don't think we'll get this, if we're lucky we'll get one of them.

In regards to what we need in actuality, well that is a much longer list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I suspect ghost, that Ashley could bankrupt us and drive us out of business and you'd defend it somehow.
    Absolutely 100% way off the truth but you can happily suspect what you want
    I suspect that you would happily see the club go bankrupt as long as it was rid of Ashley and you would defend that.

We'll leave it at that, eh?

Absolutely 100% way off the truth but you can happily suspect what you want
    I suspect that you would happily see the club go bankrupt as long as it was rid of Ashley and you would defend that.

We'll leave it at that, eh?
    as you said - you can suspect what you want.

I agree the club isn't a mess as such - it's just extremely unambitious which takes the joy out of it for otherwise extremely passionate fans, and the arrow is pointing at one man only. A man who is fat.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I agree the club isn't a mess as such - it's just extremely unambitious which takes the joy out of it for otherwise extremely passionate fans, and the arrow is pointing at one man only. A man who is fat.
    I'd say it is arrows pointing at two main characters who are both overweight. Rafa and Ashley.
    Get a happy medium where Rafa uses the squad to its potential and Ashley to add in the readies for one or two tweaking players, then the club becomes a decent force in the premier league outside of the top elites who are basically choreographed into their group.

This squad is better than has been shown in talent. It's proved to be capable of going into battle and also defending the fort.
    Forced changes are also showing what player gee ups can do when going out to not only battle but with a mindset of winning the war.
    This is why we have 6 points added in short order and can easily add to that tally with what we have if played with the same mentality of allowing more freedom on the front foot, as and when dictates.

However, this club runs as it does because it does not suffer fools gladly. Basically it's a club that understand that buying with big money can also lead to massive problems later on.
    Wheeling and dealing is the order of the day at Newcastle, regardless of who is in charge...unless it's some kind of oligarch or Sheikh.

I'd say it is arrows pointing at two main characters who are both overweight. Rafa and Ashley.
    Get a happy medium where Rafa uses the squad to its potential and Ashley to add in the readies for one or two tweaking players, then the club becomes a decent force in the premier league outside of the top elites who are basically choreographed into their group.

This squad is better than has been shown in talent. It's proved to be capable of going into battle and also defending the fort.
    Forced changes are also showing what player gee ups can do when going out to not only battle but with a mindset of winning the war.
    This is why we have 6 points added in short order and can easily add to that tally with what we have if played with the same mentality of allowing more freedom on the front foot, as and when dictates.

However, this club runs as it does because it does not suffer fools gladly. Basically it's a club that understand that buying with big money can also lead to massive problems later on.
    Wheeling and dealing is the order of the day at Newcastle, regardless of who is in charge...unless it's some kind of oligarch or Sheikh.
    Rafa and the players has shown us how well the team can do, even under severe pressure for getting much-needed points in the table. I don't see how you can say or claim to know that the squad is better than it's showing. As you say, the team needs more investment from Ashley in order to improve and climb the table. That part of it has nowt to do with Rafa.

If Ashley understands how to avoid "massive problems later on", how come he hasn't invested anything towards maintenance of the ground? That will lead to both physical problems in terms of the state of St. James' and the fans turning against him even more, if that's possible. That's just plain silly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)