+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday.

MA hard to argue with any of your scores or remarks To me it was just very poor starting tactics Your not going to win many second balls without a ball winner in midfield Villa proved that Carson should have done better for their goal you shouldn't be scoring from that angle As for Wilson good job he scored because he contributed nothing not convinced he's a midfielder We need to change the midfield for Stoke or Joe Allen will have a field day I don't agree with this sign of a good team when you win when you don't play well More a sign of a lucky team and that's what we were yesterday

I would not be surprised to see BJ get a start to add that bit of "bite" to our midfield. 3 of the front 5 yesterday were 5 foot 8 in two cases and 5 foot 6 in the other and all 3 about 8 stone dripping wet. Marriott and Mount are both 5 foot 10 so there is no size, weight or strength up top. Bryson and Waghorn would be good calls as well.

Back 6 as is or with Bogle back if recovered.

Mount Hudds Bryson/BJ in midfield

Wilson Marriott and Waghorn up top.

More bite to that team than yesterday's and designed to stand up to Stoke's physicality.

Lampard seems reluctant to put BJ in even though we've won matches this season with him in Going to be tough at Stoke as you say very physical underperformed so far when you look at the players they have Would be a surprise if they don't make playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Lampard seems reluctant to put BJ in even though we've won matches this season with him in Going to be tough at Stoke as you say very physical underperformed so far when you look at the players they have Would be a surprise if they don't make playoffs
    Stoke have a good squad but it's just not happening for them. There is no God given right to succeed and I personally think they could struggle to make the top six. There are some well drilled sides like Norwich and Sheff Utd that don't have Stokes depth but have 11 guys on the same page that play for each other. Stoke have more than one show pony and a big ego boss, recipe for more woe IMO.

Whatever happens Weds (and I don't think we will lose) I would take FL over GR everyday of the week.

MA. Yes I would rather have Lampard than Rowett But nobody will convince me that Stoke will not finish in the playoffs with that squad ALthough obviously i hope they don't

Hey lads, its always nice to be talking and arguing about my glorious county West Yorkshire on here... and at least it keeps this board busy doesn't it, can't disagree with that. Simples!.

Anyway I see you stuck it to the Fowls at Pigswillsbrough/Lackofskillsbrough yesterday, nice one lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Yes, a P & G bonanaza

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Stoke have a good squad but it's just not happening for them. There is no God given right to succeed and I personally think they could struggle to make the top six. There are some well drilled sides like Norwich and Sheff Utd that don't have Stokes depth but have 11 guys on the same page that play for each other. Stoke have more than one show pony and a big ego boss, recipe for more woe IMO.

Whatever happens Weds (and I don't think we will lose) I would take FL over GR everyday of the week.
    Assuming that post was for me and not MA?
    I think we will finish above Stoke and I will go as far as having a small charity wager with you that they don't make top 6?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)