+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    'Yorkshire' is little more than West Yorkshire, which in turn is little more than Leeds. Therefore God is probably a Leeds fan. Thank God I'm an atheist!
    Just admit it Gunt kid (you know you want to), WEST Yorkshire is the dogs bollo*x of this county.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Just admit it Gunt kid (you know you want to), WEST Yorkshire is the dogs bollo*x of this county.
    With regard to Yarksher, all of it not just the west bit, remove the word dogs and I will agree

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    With regard to Yarksher, all of it not just the west bit, remove the word dogs and I will agree
    Tbf ‘Amster...there are some very decent bits in the West and North Ridings and they do play Rugby League - not very well but they do play - so it can’t be all bad.
    Just be so much better if it was full of Derbyshire and Lancashire folk.

Any county that can give us Sir Geoffrey Boycott cannot be all bad

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Any county that can give us Sir Geoffrey Boycott cannot be all bad
    Really? More of a Brian Close man myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes, Acido, particularly Wakey and a few more towns nearby! Is Hemsworth still er 'multicultural' these days. :
    Last edited by GUNTERYY36; 21-11-2018 at 02:47 PM.

I could only keep up with text updates, does anyone have a report to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I could only keep up with text updates, does anyone have a report to share?
    Bit of a ‘curate’s egg’ of a performance imo, Andy. Started well enough but then went behind to the sort of goal a team tends to concede when they play with fullbacks who think they’re wingers.
    Could easily have been 2-0 down before Wilson’s very well taken equaliser and then the confidence visibly flooded back and with Marriott causing panic amongst the Wednesday defence we could easily have had three or four before the break.
    Good decision to bring Curtis Davies on for Tomori at half time as Wednesday spent the last fif**** minutes of the first half imploring the referee to give him a second yellow and Davies was the only Derby sub to have any sort of impact on the game at all.
    Second half continued in much the same vein. Derby had by far the better of the opening twenty minutes and were unlucky not to add another couple including a potential ‘worldy’ From Huddlestone who’s ball skills throughout were almost as spectacular as his lack of mobility.
    Late on it all got a bit twitchy and only a combination of Carson, decent defending and poor finishing prevented Wednesday from adding another couple as Bannon began to run a game that could easily have finished 4-6!
    For us, Marriott again chased everything and ran his blood to water and all three of the central defenders dealt well with all that was thrown at them. Holmes looked bright but the fullbacks give cause for concern. Wisdom is probably the hardest tackling player at the club and regularly left his opponents in an uncomfortable heap but his positional sense was dreadful and he was, perhaps understandably, horribly off the pace. Malone, I am beginning to fear, just can’t defend. Very good going forward and certainly puts in a shift but really poor defensively.
    Not sure what’s going on at Hillsborough. Hard to believe it used to stage FA Cup semi finals and makes you very appreciative of Pride Park. No atmosphere generated by the home fans and, as Derby fans repeatedly suggested, it was, most of the time, like playing in a ‘library’. Despite that, in Barry Bannon they had the man of the match...how Derby could benefit from such a dynamic ‘string puller’...he personifies what we are lacking and if, as is rumoured, Villa pick him up in the January window I think they’ll finish in the top two.
    Love Frank to find us a ‘Barry Bannon’ from somewhere.

RA. Agree with most of that except i thought until we scored we were dreadful We should have been three down until we realised how poor their defence is Yes we have problems at fullback but to be fair neither have had much game time Wouldn't we just love a Bannon hopefully get someone in Jan all the talk is about getting Casey Palmer back I definitely hope not just a show pony for me We will have to play an awful lot better at Stoke or we are will get turned over

You have to be happy with 3 points from a poor display and I am. We will have to do better on Wednesday to get anything from Stoke.

All the second ball fell to them and they seemed more up for it. Why we, yet again, stumbled out of the blocks rather than getting at them is a worry. Not a problem I can put my finger on and say "this is the solution".

Their goal? Poor midfield, poor defence and, probably for the first, and hopefully last, time this season I think Carson could/should have done much better and at least got somethig on it.

They say the sign of a good team is one that wins when below par. For much of the game we weren't even at the races. Had Marriott's effort late in the 1st half gone in instead of hitting the bar, Wendy would have been done for. It didn't and they weren't. They gave it a good go 2nd half, hit the post and should have done much better with a couple of their efforts.

Carson - 6 - Adequate performance but no more than that

Wisdom - 4 - Not at the races for much of the game. Where is the player we had on loan?

Keogh - 7 - A rock in the 2nd half defending as if his life depended on it..... as usual and no blips

Tomori - 6 - Played well enough but was extremely lucky to still be on the park at half time. Hopefully he will have learned from this.

Malone - 7 - Not a perfect performance from him but a good one all the same. He overran the ball on a few occasions and seemed to be unable to get it under control but still one of our better players on the day

Holmes - 6 - One of a very lightweight front 5 that collectively failed to get a grip on things

Huddlestone - 7.5 - The only one to get near normal standards and that shot...... desrerved a goal

Mount - 6 - not his normal standard by quite a way, his being replaced may well have been tactical

Jozefzoon - 5 - 1 or 2 half decent runs and a couple of good tackles in an otherwise flat performance

Marriott - 7 - Only one of the front 5 to be anything like his usual self and resorted to coming back to get the ball. IMO he should stay up on the shoulder and do what he does. Took the goal very well.

Wilson - 6 - took his goal very well. Lots of decent runs but the final ball never came to anything

Subs - Davies - 7 - Defended well and he hit some crisp passes that went to the intended recipient.

Bryson - 6 - IMO a tactical switch. Bannan was starting to run the show and Bryson was brought on to close him down and not give him time to do any damage. Mission accomplished

Lawrence - 6 - No major errors but no major successes either

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)