+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday.

Sheffield Wednesday.

Okay, I know it’s still a week away but it makes a change to talk about football instead of the ego driven tw@ts that ‘govern’ us.
    So...we already know there’ll be no Forsyth, Bennett or probably Waghorn available but, assuming the rest of the squad - including Butterfield, Thorne and Ledley - are fit, who would be in your starting XI - and amongst the subs - in seven days time?
    For what it’s worth, I’d quite like to see Curtis Davies back, not least for his leadership skills, but not at the expense of Tomori who I’d have in at left back or possibly midfield. Also like to see Lawrence play more centrally and Holmes out wide. Thoughts?

RA, I'm not a Forsyth fan so with Malone being a natural replacement that position doesn't worry me and I think of Bennett as a sub anyway so I'm not having alarms bells ringing just yet, Fozzy has put a few good balls in of late but he can just can't defend at that has always worried me. I think that Keogh and Tomori are our best defenders by a country mile but both are prone to mistakes that's why IMO you can't play them both together, one or the other for me, so perhaps Curtis back in the side could be the way to go.
    I'm with you on the idea of playing Holmes wide and I'd like Lawrence playing just behind Marriott. I'm wondering now if Frank will bring Lowe back in January, it's looking likely now with Fozzies injury. It will be interesting to see what side Frank puts out, and if it's good enough to get the 3 points!

Carson
    Wisdom Keogh Tomori Malone
    Huddleston
    Bryson. Mount
    Wilson Holmes
    Marriott
    Last edited by mistaram; 17-11-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Carson
    Wisdom Keogh Tomori Malone
    Huddleston
    Bryson. Mount
    Wilson Holmes
    Marriott
    Controversial, mista...dropping Bogle and Lawrence.

RA not controversial that have both been below par the last thr e or four games Especially Lawrence will be surprised if FL starts him depends on injuries of course The big pitch at Hillsboro should suit Holmes and Wilson playing wide imo

RA not controversial that have both been below par the last thr e or four games Especially Lawrence will be surprised if FL starts him depends on injuries of course The big pitch at Hillsboro should suit Holmes and Wilson playing wide imo
    Wasn’t necessarily disagreeing...but some will.

Carson
    Wisdom Keogh Davies Tomori
    Bryson Huddlestone Holmes (Mount will not be ready)
    Waghorn Marriott Wilson

Bogle needs a break. Lawrence has been off the pace for 3 or 4 games now and he really needs to learn to tackle consistently well as around 90% of his attempts are fouls and 90% of those are given....... that's too many free kicks given away.

RA what I do agree with you about Lawrence is the position he's being plays in Wide left doesn't suit him Everyone knows he's only got a right foot The full back just pubs him to the line The lad don't stand a chance to show the skill we all know he has Unless FL gives him more licence to roam than not much point playing him As for Bogle nobody has praised him more than me but he's a young lad still learning just think he needs a spell away from the pressure seems to be affecting him at the moment Its what happens to youngsters
    Last edited by mistaram; 18-11-2018 at 11:46 AM.

RA what I do agree with you about Lawrence is the position he's being plays in Wide left doesn't suit him Everyone knows he's only got a right foot The full back just pubs him to the line The lad don't stand a chance to show the skill we all know he has Unless FL gives him more licence to roam than not much point playing him As for Bogle nobody has praised him more than me but he's a young lad still learning just think he needs a spell away from the pressure seems to be affecting him at the moment Its what happens to youngsters
    Agree 100% mista.
    Unless you actually know differently MA...I reckon Mount has more chance of being fit than Waghorn next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Unless you actually know differently MA...I reckon Mount has more chance of being fit than Waghorn next Saturday.
    My information came from a video interview with Frank Lampard in which he said Mount will not be fit for the Wendy game. He also said, if my brain isn't playing tricks again, that Bryson and Waghorn were to start squad training again this week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)