+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Legends Night Whitehall tonight

Legends Night Whitehall tonight

Tickets bought - seems to be selling well and should enjoy it better now I'm feeling a bit better about the current side! Will be great to hear from the players I grew up idolising, it's just a pity that Oor Wee Jum isn't well enough these days to appear.

These guys deserve all our gratitude! WASC. P2BAA.

I hope it’s well attended and that there will be some footage of the event on the zone.

I was fortunate enough to be part of the McLean years, the league win, league cup wins, fantastic European nights and not least the UEFA final second leg at Tannadeechee.

More often than not it was a pleasure watching these guys play week in and week out. I wish I was there to see them again.

Looks like Dundee City Council Events department doing their utmost to ruin the evening … theres a shock ..NOT !

Seen on the Promoters page las night that without warning the city box office deleted the ticket link yesterday afternoon forcing the promoters to issue a statemen saying they weren't warned about this and that there were still plenty tickets remaining .
    Then this morning they have posted another statement saying the link had been reinstated !

I wonder if its mandatory to be clueless when applying for a managerial position with DCC as it seems their booking agency are as incompetent as the rest of the set up !

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    Looks like Dundee City Council Events department doing their utmost to ruin the evening … theres a shock ..NOT !

Seen on the Promoters page las night that without warning the city box office deleted the ticket link yesterday afternoon forcing the promoters to issue a statemen saying they weren't warned about this and that there were still plenty tickets remaining .
    Then this morning they have posted another statement saying the link had been reinstated !

I wonder if its mandatory to be clueless when applying for a managerial position with DCC as it seems their booking agency are as incompetent as the rest of the set up !
    Yeh I seen that - but as you say online ticket purchasing is available again.

Just back - and what a night! Legends one and all!

This was a great night and it was special to be in the same room as these guys for the evening.

Davie Dodds stole the show!
    Last edited by Belhaven_Beers; 18-11-2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: An error

Quote Originally Posted by Belhaven_Beers View Post

Davie Dodds stole the show!
    I thought each time he grabbed the mike and stood up he was about to break into song.

Good to hear glad it was a good night - hope some clips on arabzone maybe?

Superb night, Doddsie is a belter! Some talent on that stage and seeing the old clips on the big screen was magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Superb night, Doddsie is a belter! Some talent on that stage and seeing the old clips on the big screen was magic.
    Totally agree !
    What a superb night .
    I had a feeling it was going to be but it exceeded my expectations , those who couldn’t make it missed out !

The footage was great as was the poem that opened the night although there seemed to be a slight problem with the sound during that in parts !
    That aside you could tell the players were really enjoying themselves too !

Every single one of them on that stage are legends and they deserved that evening and the reception they got !
    They were ALL fantastic on the night and Doddsie was on fire !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)