+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bring back tarkers

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think it is likely Tarkers inadvertently created a situation for Footymad where they were potentially in breach of data protection laws. If a complaint was made and this proved to be the case then the site owners would have had no option other than to ban him and placate the complainant.

I'm not saying that is what happened but just my view based on reading between the lines of some other comments posted on other threads since his ban.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was the case; there is clearly more to it than pursuing vendettas.

Entertaining though Tarks could be, it is hilarious to see 'the defenders of free speech but only when I agree with what he says brigade' demand his return. (I don't mean Jackal because he is consistent).

My default position is to let him come back even though he used his position to wipe out those with opposing views. (I seem to recall many moving moments of remembrance recently for those who fought against such tyranny). On the other hand if he was abusing his position by accessing sensitive data for nefarious means then lock away the key and report him to higher authorities.
    Last edited by them0uf; 19-11-2018 at 10:19 PM. Reason: repetition

Quote Originally Posted by them0uf View Post
    On the other hand if he was abusing his position by accessing sensitive data for nefarious means then lock away the key and report him to higher authorities.
    Totally agree with you, but for the sake of reassurance, we don't have access to anyone's sensitive or personal data, except IP addresses for the sake of tracking duplicate accounts, although that's hardly a reliable method these days.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345