+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Strange line up

Went to Scarborough Athletic today. We're top of the Evo-Stik, you know. Worth a look.
    Do I take it from this fred that the possibility of Chettle as a long term backstop is less favoured now?

Not even sure what the formation was!
    Chettle out

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'll take your word for it, I wasn't there.

The point I was making is how coaches can lose games before they even start with crazy team selections.
    There isn't much between League 2 teams/players, so managers can really tip the balance. What the hell was Chettle thinking? "OK, we'll have Turley and Brisley. I'll add Duffy. Oh and I'll play Keston Davies as well. We'll have Jones on the left. Thomas as well. And Milsom is a left footer so I'll add him too. Hawk can play somewhere on the other side. Are there any places left? What? 2? OK, who else wants a game?''

Relegation? I still think we have too much (somewhere) and can find 2 clubs worse than us over 46 games. But let this joker pick the team again (FGR drubbing as well right?) and we'd be dead certs - 24th place.
    Chettle said on the radio yesterday, I think, that Hart was calling the shots, and that himself and Crossley were his lackeys. Definitely Hart’s ideas to match up Cheltenham with the 3-5-2 formation that proved dreadful, and whatever that formation was in the second half.

I'm fairly certain we have seen this phenomena before, where a "Caretaker manager" just throws 11 random names together, with a formation plucked out of thin air. When I saw the teamsheet at 2.00 it had deja-vu written all over it. I stared at it for a good 10 minutes thinking how on earth is this 11 going to work, and playing the game of matching them to a 442 433 352 451 etc.

Unless "I'm only the Caretaker, so treat it as a Free game" was the mantra.

All in all very bizarre.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789