+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Strange line up

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    What's blatantly clear is this team are a bunch of weak willed individuals. Where is someone taking the lead and *******ing players. Last week in the Manchester Derby Fernandinho had to run past Mahrez to tackle someone then turned and grabbed Mahrez by the scruff of the neck who got hauled off soon after. God I wish for someone with that passion, it doesn't even take footballing ability to have some pride in yourselves. Have they got no personal pride? Always looking for an excuse, oh it's this manager and that manager and then the horrible fans boo us, boo ****ing hoo. GROW A PAIR, YOU'RE ****ING MEN AREN'T YOU?!!!!!!
    No crazy they are not men. They are a pathetic, gutless bunch of nobodies with no pride in the shirt the city or care for the supporters who have to watch that rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Lot of flak flying around and rightly so, but let's direct most of today's where it belongs - an unbelievably bad team selection.
    At pro level, you can't get away with throwing out a weird, random bunch of players, virtually strangers to each other, most of whom were central defenders and hope for anything good

1 keeper, 4 centre-backs, 1 left back, 3 wide midfielders, 1 winger, 1 striker
    That's got no chance from the first whistle
    We started with three players playing out of position (Hawkridge, Davies, Enzio) and with a completely new formation - absolutely ludicrous.

We deserve everything we get with this bunch of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    No crazy they are not men. They are a pathetic, gutless bunch of nobodies with no pride in the shirt the city or care for the supporters who have to watch that rubbish.
    No argument from me there MIG, I am at a loss as to where their personal pride is? I genuinely don't understand why there isn't at least one person flying over the pitch into tackles, *******ing players not putting a shift in and getting the crowd going. At least that one player could hold his head up high but there's no one, I don't understand, people I know and myself would be busting a gut to prove myself to the fans but hey they get their wage either way so **** the fans.

Like I say to me they're not men, they're really not. I bet if you met them out of football they'd be giving it the big hard man then when it comes to the crunch, to put their balls on the line against other professionals they make crap teams look amazing. ABSOLUTE SET OF JOKERS, **** OFF OUT THE CLUB. I'd rather see us go down with the youth team playing 100%

No argument from me there MIG, I am at a loss as to where their personal pride is? I genuinely don't understand why there isn't at least one person flying over the pitch into tackles, *******ing players not putting a shift in and getting the crowd going. At least that one player could hold his head up high but there's no one, I don't understand, people I know and myself would be busting a gut to prove myself to the fans but hey they get their wage either way so **** the fans.

Like I say to me they're not men, they're really not. I bet if you met them out of football they'd be giving it the big hard man then when it comes to the crunch, to put their balls on the line against other professionals they make crap teams look amazing. ABSOLUTE SET OF JOKERS, **** OFF OUT THE CLUB. I'd rather see us go down with the youth team playing 100%
    We would stand a better chance of staying up with the youth team imo

Totally agree with you there. I am sick and tired of watching these spineless w*****s every week. There is more passion and skill on a Sunday morning than these wasters. The likes of Duffy, Jones, Brisley, Thomas, Tootle and Hewitt jogging around the pitch and doing sod all really gets to me, but every week we have to endure their crap on the pitch.

We can all agree that we need a massive clear out in Jan, but I would like to see the coaching staff replaced as well, but much sooner. Look at today, which has been the same the whole season so far. Cheltenham closed us down as soon as we got the ball, but when they had the ball, we either let them turn, gave them 5 yards, let them pass it, didn't follow the runners and this has happened every game. So who can we blame for this? The manager? The players? or the coaching staff? We have tried changing the manager and that has not worked. We have got extra defenders in, but it is the still the same, so to me, lets replace the coaching staff and try and start afresh with the new manager and backroom staff and then hopefully save us from getting relegated
    Last edited by Disturbed; 17-11-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Lot of flak flying around and rightly so, but let's direct most of today's where it belongs - an unbelievably bad team selection.
    While the team selection was mystifying, I still think the bulk of the criticism should be aimed at the players. No heart, no guts, no desire, no pride, no passion. Cheltenham are a poor side but looked several classes above us today. We were hopelessly outfought and outplayed at home by the team sitting 91st in the football league. I heard Stallard on radio saying "today it became real". It became real to me after the Yeovil defeat where I advised that 40/1 for us to be relegated was excellent value. I had a tenner on then, and another tenner at 10/1 after Oldham took us apart despite not scoring. Even though the odds to go down are now down to 5/1, it still looks good value. At least it will pay for a couple of season tickets in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    While the team selection was mystifying, I still think the bulk of the criticism should be aimed at the players. No heart, no guts, no desire, no pride, no passion. Cheltenham are a poor side but looked several classes above us today. We were hopelessly outfought and outplayed at home by the team sitting 91st in the football league. I heard Stallard on radio saying "today it became real". It became real to me after the Yeovil defeat where I advised that 40/1 for us to be relegated was excellent value. I had a tenner on then, and another tenner at 10/1 after Oldham took us apart despite not scoring. Even though the odds to go down are now down to 5/1, it still looks good value. At least it will pay for a couple of season tickets in the National League.
    Good tipster work there, though some won't understand. I (and maybe you) stood to earn over 2 grand if Notts went down in the Ince/Heggs/Mad Dog season, but I was still pleased when it didn't happen on the last day.

So what's everyone drinking? I took the advice of a poster up this thread to drink to forget how crap we are. Mine's a Barefoot Californian red Malbec, decent for $6.50 at Morrisons. (Sorry, I have a US keyboard).

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'll take your word for it, I wasn't there.

The point I was making is how coaches can lose games before they even start with crazy team selections.
    There isn't much between League 2 teams/players, so managers can really tip the balance. What the hell was Chettle thinking? "OK, we'll have Turley and Brisley. I'll add Duffy. Oh and I'll play Keston Davies as well. We'll have Jones on the left. Thomas as well. And Milsom is a left footer so I'll add him too. Hawk can play somewhere on the other side. Are there any places left? What? 2? OK, who else wants a game?''

Relegation? I still think we have too much (somewhere) and can find 2 clubs worse than us over 46 games. But let this joker pick the team again (FGR drubbing as well right?) and we'd be dead certs - 24th place.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    God bless those of you who attend every week.... This club is a complete joke and not a funny one
    For those of you who cannot attend games (you lucky buggers) let me say that if you take most of the sentiments expressed in this thread & times them by 10 you would have some idea how I felt when leaving the ground today. No guts ,No pride, No skill & No idea are just a few of the problems that could be aimed at the Owner/Manager (whoever that was)/Referee & even some of the so called fans who singled out the usual scapegoats in a team performance which Keeper aside was as bad as any I have witnessed in 50 years as a Notts fan, we are in trouble!!

At pro level, you can't get away with throwing out a weird, random bunch of players, virtually strangers to each other, most of whom were central defenders and hope for anything good

1 keeper, 4 centre-backs, 1 left back, 3 wide midfielders, 1 winger, 1 striker
    That's got no chance from the first whistle
    I agree with you but not about where most of the flak belongs which for me is towards the players. They’ve been sheltered by Kevin Nolan, Harry Kewell, Mark Crossley and Steve Chettle but today they showed their true colours and told us what we already knew that they come across like they are bothered and don’t care about the club or the fans. Not one of them was man enough to come and do a media interview afterwards.

They’ve already cost two managers their jobs this season, so what will they do for the next manager?

They cross the line but a manager cannot legislate for the fundamental basics of application, desire, passion that these players lack. Not to mention the mental strength to which they collapse so easily once going a goal down. Then you’ve got the basics particularly with defending or should I lack of defending. Today was another typical example whereby the first goal the Cheltenham player had the freedom of Meadow Lane to be in the box and plant a header passed Fitz with no Notts player in sight. We’ve talked in length on here about the inability to block crosses into the box as well. The second goal from a typical set piece and the man on the edge of the area not closed down or marked closely enough. It’s players not doing their jobs properly week in and week out that is costing us. It doesn’t need a manager to tell them this kind of stuff. As professionals they should be able to execute these kind of things naturally. At least you would like think they would.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 17-11-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast