+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Been going to Notts now for just over 50 years, that performance today was up there with the worst I have ever seen. The players should be ashamed but to be honest, I don’t think they give a toss.
    I don't think they really have their hearts at Notts County or even want to play football. They go through the motions, they have a shower, they go home, they walk through the front door. "How was it dear?" is met by a shrug, "What's for tea? What time is strictly on?"

...at the end of the month they pick up a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    I cannot believe some fans were actually applauding the players at the end
    I got the sense they were only applauding Fitz, who went off before the rest of them. He was the only one who deserved his wage today out of the team and management.

And yes, while the players were diabolical, Hart sent out a team with at least three players out of position and a completely new formation to match up an away side that plays 3-5-2 every week. Ridiculous.

Also, I have moaned about Hewitt every week, but maybe I was wrong because even he would have done better today. Their midfielder on loan from Chelsea was a cut above all of our players. The really depressing thing is we expected a physical battle, but Cheltenham totally outplayed us and were the only side that looked like they’d seen a football before.

The only highlight of the game was listening to Charlie Slater and Stall expressing their fury at the performance - they showed more passion than anyone on the pitch.

The only question now is how much worse it can get, because I doubt this is rock bottom before the transfer window opens with these wasters. It was interesting to hear Adam Murray on The Terrace last night, saying the thing he detected as missing at Notts for years was team spirit, and that was always how Mansfield approached every game. Exactly the same problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’m actually dreading the Mansfield game. Anything less than 5-0 to them at this point in time will be a good result. What has happened to our club?
    Mansfield is three games away. I honestly don't think I can bring myself to go. It would be too upsetting!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    No matter how bad today was, losing 5-0 at home to Macclesfield still takes the cake in my 20 years of following this shambles of a club.

How can we perpetually be so poor. Owners and players have come and gone yet our style of play, match day experience and results are just as bad as the day I started ‘supporting’ Notts.

My interest has waned somewhat over the last two years, I don’t think I’ll be back down there for the forseeable future either. I feel for those whose addiction is life long.
    This is the worrying thing. The year 2017 was a Great Leap forward in terms of improved attendances and the feel good factor. We even had 6,000 there today. The only problem is after that showing and how this season has gone when will we get that many again? The new manager has really got to hit the ground running and get performances out of those players somehow before we can even consider getting points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Disgraceful display by the players. What manager will want to come to Notts?
    Get the kids in.
    I feel better having read this thread, knowing I'm not alone with a Saturday night full of flashbacks and what the **** did I just watch moments.

Two comments.

We missed Hewitt. Yep, that's how bad it has got.

Those players were aware that their future manager was likely sat in the stands right? Obviously not fussed about making an impression.

Top 10 lowest Notts moments contender today was.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think this is the first game I can remember where I didn't see a single person applaud the players off the pitch in the main stand.
    The last time I remember that happening was in the last game of the 1993/94 season against Charlton but it had nothing to do with the performance on the pitch.

I can't bring myself to comment on today's "performance." It's heart-breaking after all these years to see our club rolling over and giving in without a whimper.

I don't envy the next person in the manager's hot-seat.

Chettle,Crossley and Hart,the three ex forest ****ers can all **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Also, I have moaned about Hewitt every week, but maybe I was wrong because even he would have done better today. Their midfielder on loan from Chelsea was a cut above all of our players. The really depressing thing is we expected a physical battle, but Cheltenham totally outplayed us and were the only side that looked like they’d seen a football before.
    No, you weren't wrong. I saw him in a pre-season friendly play a 5 yard pass to Tootle 10 yards behind him and out for a throw. Some of these players are beyond ****, but even then, there are shades of black, so there are some worse than Hewitt. What amazes me is that some respected posters (well, one) tell us that the big mistake we made was getting rid of too many players this year. Nonsense, we didn't get rid of enough this year or last. Still the shambles of a defence that nearly took us down two years ago continues to be in gainful employment, and in Duffy's case, was on show today.

The weird thing today though was that Chettle's team of midweek, which actually did well, had to make way for these clowns, and you can only suspect Hart is to blame. But Chettle too, for being too much of a ****house to stand up to the old man. We hate Nottingham Forest, do one, both of you, and Crossley too.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    No matter how bad today was, losing 5-0 at home to Macclesfield still takes the cake in my 20 years of following this shambles of a club.

How can we perpetually be so poor. Owners and players have come and gone yet our style of play, match day experience and results are just as bad as the day I started ‘supporting’ Notts.

My interest has waned somewhat over the last two years, I don’t think I’ll be back down there for the forseeable future either. I feel for those whose addiction is life long.

The 0-5 to Macclesfield sticks in my mind as the worst ever performance too, but today's display was as close as I've seen us come to it since, bearing in mind the level of opposition.

The line comes out of the club that the players are hurting, but obviously they aren't hurting enough, or certainly not in the right way, because at 0-3 down we should have been seeing absolute rage from our players. I tell you what, I wouldn't have bothered if we had a couple sent off in the last 20 minutes, because at least that would have told me they were frustrated and angry and wanted to express it somehow. Instead, what we actually got was a lot of slumped shoulders and shrugs and the general demeanour of zombies, just accepting their fate and waiting to get off the pitch. For professional footballers it was an absolute disgrace.

Say what you like about chairmen, managers, formations and the like, but surely even if everything around you is wrong, there's still that element of personal pride for a pro footballer which should say, "stuff you lot, I'm going to try to change something or do something even if nobody else is". Yes, Alan Hardy has made mistakes, yes managers have made mistakes, yes sometimes the referees have done us no favours, but make no mistake, the biggest culprits for the situation we now find ourselves is the players.

The only player to emerge with any credit today - again - is the goalkeeper, who let's be fair has shown the character to come through his own personal version of hell earlier this season. I wish the outfield players would show the same guts and defiance.
    Last edited by jackal2; 17-11-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’m actually dreading the Mansfield game. Anything less than 5-0 to them at this point in time will be a good result. What has happened to our club?
    I was thinking the same earlier. I always dread playing Mansfield, but this time I'd take a 3-0 loss if someone offered it. If we play like that and they get their tails up, they'll demolish us.

How low have we stooped that even competing with Mansfield seems impossible?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast