+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusting

Cheltenham put us to shame today with their commitment, application and desire to win - three things that should be basics for any professional footballer, but have been sorely lacking at Notts all season.

We need Stead back as soon as possible, otherwise it’s another drubbing at mighty Morecambe next week.

Even more depressing to hear Flitcroft on the radio with Mansfield flying high, talking about energy and putting pressure on the ball - two things sadly lacking with our gutless losers.

The match ratings is easy
    Fitz-6
    The rest 0

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Cheltenham put us to shame today with their commitment, application and desire to win - three things that should be basics for any professional footballer, but have been sorely lacking at Notts all season.

We need Stead back as soon as possible, otherwise it’s another drubbing at mighty Morecambe next week.

Even more depressing to hear Flitcroft on the radio with Mansfield flying high, talking about energy and putting pressure on the ball - two things sadly lacking with our gutless losers.
    Maybe that was just another bump in the road. Jesus that ciders beginning to kick in...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We are going down.This team is shyte and we can thank Nolan for it.
    Have to agree 100% Durham... and AH might actually bring him back!!!! I'm actually speechless after today.. I thought I had seen the worst of Notts but today was a whole other level...

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I have spent most of the season trying to convince myself & others that this squad is much to good to get relegated, but after today I believe that unless we get some kind of experienced manager in & Mr Hardy yet again splashes the cash in January we will be playing non league football next season. I don't think that this is some " Drama Queen/Knee Jerk" reaction but the thoughts of not only myself, a attending fan for around 50 years & mates who I speak with pre KO & at half time. Even in our darkest hours when most of my family & friends stopped attending I struggle to think of a worse home performance & a lower feeling as a fan, I wish AH the best of luck turning this around but fear the worst. COYP.

The 1st half was shiete and I'm afraid I simply have no words to describe the 2nd half's offering. Non league here we come unless as you say a new manager and half a dozen decent players can be drafted in, in Jan. Unbelievable as it is to say, I think the teams we had during the Trust days would easily beat this shower.

Barely missed a match in 20+ years. Won't be bothering again this season unless the players decide they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Just tell me again, Elite, will you still being going if / when Notts are in the Conference (North)?
    Of course I'll still be going.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I actually burst out laughing at another of Flitcroft's comments while listening on the drive home. He said "This is League 2 - no team is just going to lie down and let you walk all over them". I bet Cheltenham could tell him different!

Been going to Notts now for just over 50 years, that performance today was up there with the worst I have ever seen. The players should be ashamed but to be honest, I don’t think they give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I have spent most of the season trying to convince myself & others that this squad is much to good to get relegated, but after today I believe that unless we get some kind of experienced manager in & Mr Hardy yet again splashes the cash in January we will be playing non league football next season. I don't think that this is some " Drama Queen/Knee Jerk" reaction but the thoughts of not only myself, a attending fan for around 50 years & mates who I speak with pre KO & at half time. Even in our darkest hours when most of my family & friends stopped attending I struggle to think of a worse home performance & a lower feeling as a fan, I wish AH the best of luck turning this around but fear the worst. COYP.
    It’s not a knee jerk reaction at all, today was a turning point. That display today was one of the worst I’ve ever seen by a Notts side and I’ve seen some bad performances. One stand out game was in the early 2000’s getting beat 5-0 by Macclesfield at home springs to mind.

Today was just simply awful. We lacked any form of organisation, passion, hunger, desire or determination. Cheltenham were a place below us and in all honestly they put us to shame. They played the better football, passed the ball around more, had better shape, organisation and physicality all over the field in every department. That was the alarming thing that they looked a level above us. When you are saying this about a team at the bottom of league two you know you have got serious problems and are in big trouble.

Their keeper had nothing to do all game. I don’t recall us having a single shot on target and at home in the fourth tier of English football it’s a disgrace. Their defence won everything in the air, yet time and time again we did the same old stale things that haven’t worked and will not work. Did anyone tell them Stead and Ameobi were not up front?

I see Jones and Thomas were quick to get off the pitch after their injuries. Dennis was none existent again. They are examples as none came out with any credit. There are too many players hiding and not doing their jobs properly and it’s costing us dearly. They are getting the basic and fundamentals of playing at a professional level wrong.

I can stomach us losing and appreciate that we are in League two and players will make errors but today was a different level of diretribe. It looked as though none of them care or are bothered. Today were were a disgrace to their proffesion.

It was only going to turn toxic once the goals rained in with the chants of “your not fit to wear the shirt” and the booing off at the end. I note some off the coaches and players ran off down the tunnel and did not face the Kop who made it perfectly clear what they thought.

These players have already got two managers the sack, and done nothing for the caretaker, so there is nobody else to blame but them. They are the ones that ultimately cross that white line. They are the problem, not the tactics or formation.

The other problem is this squad is very mentally weak and fragile and that is going to be a big thing that the new manager is going to have to work on. He is also going to have to try and do something to get us organised and stop conceding so many goals. It shows that the management have not got the belief that we are good enough, because in the past two home games we’ve played to not lose instead of playing to win.

Something went seriously wrong at the club in the summer and unless something is done about it very quickly and in the January transfer window we will (and could be) in serious danger of being relegated out of the football league for the first time. This cannot happen as it would be a disaster. That is why the next managerial appointment has got to be right. We cannot afford any more mistakes. It’s got to be the best signing we’ve made this season and be someone with experience, even if it costs money. It could cost the club a lot more money if it drops out of the football league and that could have an impact on the club for years. It is so hard to get promoted to the football league.

This has just got very real!
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 17-11-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast