+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Excellent post,but just think how bad some of us feel tonight after being around during the Sirrel years. Jimmy would personally take these spineless no hopers and throw them off Trent Bridge. In those days we had MEN who fought to the end for crap wages, they cared about our club.
    I can only imagine how much it kills you seeing how far our club has sunk. I’m not by any stretch expecting us to replicate, what happened under Sirrel or Warnock. As long as we have a club, that shows signs of improvement that’s good enough for me.

Really depressed at today's result and reading these posts is making matters worse. I'm only glad that we have our 9 month grand daughter staying with us as she has kept me sane. Whilst underwhelmed with the appointment of HK I was completely taken aback by his sacking. What went wrong during the international break as it appeared before that some sense was being restored? Now whoever in their right mind would want the manager's job but I only hope it is someone with experience at this level and the ability to raise shattered confidence. Martin Allen did that for us once before and almost saved Barnet last year. Ardley or Hurst would also be good shouts otherwise non league football beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Whilst underwhelmed with the appointment of HK I was completely taken aback by his sacking.
    As I was driving to the game, Radio Red did a little summary of Kewell's short reign as manager. Right near the start of it, Alan Hardy said about the appointment "The only disappointment I have is that I only gave him a 3 year contract, I would have given him a 5 year contract if I could".

So why did you sack him when you did Big Al?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As I was driving to the game, Radio Red did a little summary of Kewell's short reign as manager. Right near the start of it, Alan Hardy said about the appointment "The only disappointment I have is that I only gave him a 3 year contract, I would have given him a 5 year contract if I could".

I think the answer to that, Elite, is he didn't see the warning signs. Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Wrong question! Why did you appoint him Big Al? And that following the appointment of the "next England manager". And now he's totally alienated the players by tweeting:

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    2h2 hours ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted darran rigley

Only 80%? Absolutely shattered tonight

Alan Hardy added,
    darran rigley
    @bigdaz_rigley
    Gotta say today is a very dark day in the life of @Official_NCFC. As a fan we can all wish we had the money to run the club. @Bigalanh5 has this and his heart ruled in buying the club. Respect goes out to him today because I'd be tempted to put 80 % of the squad on transfer list.
    2 replies 0 retweets 11 likes

AH has to realise he cannot alone appoint the next manager. He's starstruck and he's got to stop and reflect. I'd hope Chettle would buy him some time and cannot, as most on this board can't, understand today's setup. I'd like to think Martin Allen could re-galvanise this lot but I'm sure his illness has taken the edge off him.

And this lot - well if you were a player and saw what was going since the season started maybe you'd think it was a joke club and just go through the motions.

Whenever I hear top players comment on the great managers, Clough, Fergie, they say how simple their instructions were and how they were in no doubt what their role was. Then we hear how the team were shown video analysis and I wonder how confused they are. Changes of system, changes of manager, changes of formations. It's bloody basement league not rocket science.

Just don't see any light at the end of this tunnel. Millions spent on yet another vanity project and the oldest professional league club's future as such is in serious doubt.

I've arrived home after an eighty mile drive. I'm angry and extremely upset by what I witnessed this afternoon. You've all said it for me. If Nolan comes back then that's it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Not really. I think the real answer is that every time Big Al opens his gob, there's a strong chance that bullsh!t will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Nice one, sid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I know most fans will say that they would love to see their team in the top flight, and i’d be lying if i said any different. However it’s not the be all and end all for me, i just want a team that we can be proud of. I want a team that not only shows ambition, but has a clear plan on how to achieve their aims. I can take losing that’s football, but what i can’t take is when players that are being paid, show no commitment for our club. I know it’s a cliche, but i’d give anything to play for Notts, i’m sure your boy would to. The sad reality is i don’t think these players know how lucky they are.
    You are an absolute credit to our club young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I know most fans will say that they would love to see their team in the top flight, and i’d be lying if i said any different. However it’s not the be all and end all for me, i just want a team that we can be proud of. I want a team that not only shows ambition, but has a clear plan on how to achieve their aims. I can take losing that’s football, but what i can’t take is when players that are being paid, show no commitment for our club. I know it’s a cliche, but i’d give anything to play for Notts, i’m sure your boy would to. The sad reality is i don’t think these players know how lucky they are.
    We are going down to Wembley tommorow . Sat in our living room England score against the Yanks ." Dad , I don't feel the same when England score "

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast