+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Can I just ask, id that what folks would really describe PHart as?
    I said exactly the same at the game "This team screams Paul Hart". The season we went down and he was caretaker for a couple of games he was ultra defensive and seemed to be delighted with drawing games that were there for the taking, we had 4 centre backs playing on Saturday...

One of the worst performances seen at Meadow Lane without doubt, one of the lowest moments in the clubs history? Far from it.

I know we all react when hurting but we have had much worse squads, much worse potential managers and much lower attendances when we have been in this position before.

Any half decent manager worth their salt with one or two additions will be able to get this squad out of trouble and to safety relatively easy, and if it is Hurst then I have no doubt he will do it.

I think it is hurting so much this season because we didn't expect to be here. We have had seasons we knew we were going to be crap, so when we were, it was no real surprise and you could almost accept it, but with this squad and last seasons success, we were expecting to be at the top end.

As they say, it's the hope that kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Quite right, jackal2. Nolan assembled this lot thinking they would do the business and the booky's odds reflected it too (I know the bookies don't have an opinion, EP, they just reflect current betting). In hindsight, the team may have looked a bit lopsided - we had a good attack but no-one in place to feed them - but I don't remember anyone on here, myself included, saying that we looked lopsided, we quoting him saying he didn't need or want any more defenders, we all thought he did. However, the disastrous performances have shown that the players he did bring in, although looking good on paper, were just paper tigers and not particularly interested in playing football to win games for Notts County. If they were, as you remark, jackal2, Nolan would still be with us.
    There were quite a few on here though (me included) who were worried we didn't strengthen the defence. It may have been the 3rd best last season but towards the end of the season you could see the faults with the likes of Duffy and Jones to name but two.
    Nolan seemed to think it was ok but now it is obvious to all this is not the case. We have no cover at full back and have to rely on last minute desperate signings with only Tulley pulling his weight imo.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    What? Yates was the only one who made a difference. **** off cnut.
    No Grant no (promotion) party.

No Yates no survival.

Appiah is in great form for the academy, he'll save you.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789