+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurst at the game

Hurst at the game

Can't see him wanting the job after watching that rubbish.
    He would probably be thinking what can anyone do with that bunch of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    he would take it just for the compensation after being sacked..

Agreed. Unless the bloke is up for a challenge, a mega sized sheite heap of a challenge that is.

Who could blame him ?
    Pep Guardiola would struggle with that bunch of pub players

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    Who could blame him ?

Don’t insult pub players.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    Who could blame him ?
    Please don't compare pub players to that s**te. At least pub players show more skill and pride and are much better to watch on a Saturday afternoon

I have an idea... instead of throwing teacups and chairs around the dressing room this evening start throwing around P45's.... whoever grabs one deserves it... how can they collect their wages after that performance.... the money should be given back to the fans who attended today... I will tell you one thing... I was working today and at 2.30 I saw today's "team" I went straight on Paddy Power and put 10 euro on Varney as first goal scorer at 6/1... Shames me to say it but it's the only way to win money or get any enjoyment from this club at the moment.... dear god where do we go from here.... Morcambe won away from home today too..... they have no money with a very low amount of supporters but Jim Bentley has performed miracles in keeping them in this division and he does it by decent coaching and instructing their players to show pride in the shirt.... Jesus do I wish we had anything close to that at this once famous old club

Depends how he sees it. If he takes over now, it's difficult to envisage how he could oversee a performance any worse than that. In football terms it's the closest you can get to 'zero' or a 'clean slate' and any improvement would be to his credit. In many ways it's better to take over a team that is already at its lowest ebb than to take over a team that's going well, where things can only stay the same or get worse.

If he doesn't want the job, then I'm even more inclined to think that this is a job for someone like Martin Allen, a huge, larger than life personality who has shown before (including with us) that he can burst through the door and lift even the most mentally weak and demoralised of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Depends how he sees it. If he takes over now, it's difficult to envisage how he could oversee a performance any worse than that. In football terms it's the closest you can get to 'zero' or a 'clean slate' and any improvement would be to his credit. In many ways it's better to take over a team that is already at its lowest ebb than to take over a team that's going well, where things can only stay the same or get worse.

If he doesn't want the job, then I'm even more inclined to think that this is a job for someone like Martin Allen, a huge, larger than life personality who has shown before (including with us) that he can burst through the door and lift even the most mentally weak and demoralised of teams.
    I’m with you Jackal, it needs a big character someone like a Martin Allen who is going to come through the door and galvanise this squad and instil some team spirit, organisation and mental strength. That can take you along way at this level. Then we may have a chance as there is ability in there.

They will also need to get the fans to back these players and get the fans back on side and install a we are all in this together mentality. Good performances and some good results will go along way towards fixing that.

Sounds logical Jackal, hope you're right, Hurst would almost certainly keep us up and given time take us further.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast