+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurst at the game

If Hurst, or any other prospective manager who might have been at this afternoon’s game, still wants the job after watching that capitulation, then he probably is the right man for the job. Anyone who has turned it down or dropped out of the running on the basis of seeing today’s game would not have been up for winning the battle which is obviously ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Sounds logical Jackal, hope you're right, Hurst would almost certainly keep us up and given time take us further.
    I have yet to see any sign that anyone can turn this squad around. We have just been outplayed by Cheltenham Town, lord help us.

We need the lower league equivalent of Big Sam at this stage - a firefighter to keep us up, and then reevaluate at the end of the season. Out of all the names mentioned, Allen seems best qualified to do that (and I wouldn’t have said that before today’s car crash of a performance).

We need someone who can galvanise the squad and get the players caring for the club and each other as teammates. We’ve been a bunch of individuals all season, hence the hidings to teams like Yeovil and Cheltenham.

We also need to get Hart far, far away from the first team, because today’s shambolic tactics were cllearly his handiwork.

It's just one big fecking mess isn't it fellow magpie. I can only applaud you all for continuing to go and watch this sorry bunch of individuals. Big ups to Fitz for coming through a bad spell and Stead the ultimate professional; for the rest of em P45s Monday if not sooner. Why is it so easy to sack managers but not people who pull on the shirt and do sod all..

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I have yet to see any sign that anyone can turn this squad around. We have just been outplayed by Cheltenham Town, lord help us.

We need the lower league equivalent of Big Sam at this stage - a firefighter to keep us up, and then reevaluate at the end of the season. Out of all the names mentioned, Allen seems best qualified to do that (and I wouldn’t have said that before today’s car crash of a performance).

We need someone who can galvanise the squad and get the players caring for the club and each other as teammates. We’ve been a bunch of individuals all season, hence the hidings to teams like Yeovil and Cheltenham.

We also need to get Hart far, far away from the first team, because today’s shambolic tactics were cllearly his handiwork.
    According to the two Slaters on radio Martin Allen definitely won't be coming back.

If Hurst has been introduced to the Undertaker, we probably won't see him again. 'I'm your Director of Football, I'll pick the team and formation, you can do the coaching. Make sure they get minutes in legs'.

We have to face it, Hardy has ****ed this club up with his meddling. There's no hope while Hart is still around.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 17-11-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    If Hurst has been introduced to the Undertaker, we probably won't see him again. 'I'm your Director of Football, I'll pick the team and formation, you can do the coaching. Make sure they get minutes in legs'.

We have to face it, Hardy has ****ed this club up with his meddling. There's no hope while Hart is still around.
    I'm no fan of Hart and I never have been. However, Luton got promoted last season with Nathan Jones as manager and Hart as DoF, and he's only recently joined us, so I can't make a case to lay all (or perhaps even much of) the blame at his door. It's far from clear whether he wanted Kewell gone, or whether he would have been disappointed by the decision, given that he trained him as a young player.

Generally speaking, when things are this bad, it can't be traced to one problem. It tends to be a collective failure of many if not all components.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    If Hurst, or any other prospective manager who might have been at this afternoon’s game, still wants the job after watching that capitulation, then he probably is the right man for the job. Anyone who has turned it down or dropped out of the running on the basis of seeing today’s game would not have been up for winning the battle which is obviously ahead.
    Spot on

A lot of the squad is injured thanks to HK's drills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12