+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Personality

Personality

What this team is woefully missing is personality. There seems no one out there relating to the fans and not even their own team mates. None of the players ever come out and say how they feel things are going, there’s absolutely no connection to the fans. Most seasons as a fan you can pick a few as your favourites not just because how they play but you genuinely like the players because they have something about them, but bar Steady I can’t this season. Main casing point last season would be Shola, he could do something playing wise or just gesture to the crowd and it would lift everyone. The whole team is just flat, devoid of characters and it’s those characters that aren’t necessarily all leaders but the players that inspire other players and fans to drive on.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What this team is woefully missing is personality. There seems no one out there relating to the fans and not even their own team mates. None of the players ever come out and say how they feel things are going, there’s absolutely no connection to the fans. Most seasons as a fan you can pick a few as your favourites not just because how they play but you genuinely like the players because they have something about them, but bar Steady I can’t this season. Main casing point last season would be Shola, he could do something playing wise or just gesture to the crowd and it would lift everyone. The whole team is just flat, devoid of characters and it’s those characters that aren’t necessarily all leaders but the players that inspire other players and fans to drive on.
    I agree and on a slight tangent, how can we let the second from bottom team come and humiliate us at home and finish the game with only two bookings?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree and on a slight tangent, how can we let the second from bottom team come and humiliate us at home and finish the game with only two bookings?
    That’s my point even having those characters who put there foot in, rile the opposition, a bit like your Robbie Savages, dressing room clowns. I still play now in my 40s on Sundays and it’s the lads that clown about that make yer laugh but install camaraderie, as I said don’t have to be leaders but I think we don’t have either.

We've got Duffy?

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    We've got Duffy?
    Yes, an unpleasant personality is still a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    That’s my point even having those characters who put there foot in, rile the opposition, a bit like your Robbie Savages, dressing room clowns. I still play now in my 40s on Sundays and it’s the lads that clown about that make yer laugh but install camaraderie, as I said don’t have to be leaders but I think we don’t have either.
    Vets?