+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this sums it up, Only Mad Dog has the credentials

this sums it up, Only Mad Dog has the credentials

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...are-abyss.html

there is a lot of posts on here, from people who are not being realistic and seeing the full picture,
    sometimes you need a outsider to take that step back and analyse the situation.
    This reporter to me Has hit the nail on the head with the linked article posted above

admit it, theres only one man who can save us this season, lets stop all this talk about looking for a manager who can take us forward, Martin Allen has a track record better than anyone of saving a club from relegation, hes been a savior of Barnet on many occasion, and remember He saved us from relegation ,
    I was quite happy with him as manager, it was Trews unrealistic targets for promotion to the championship in too shorter time, that was the reason why he was sacked. as he did with many other of his appointment, especially Short. and look where we are now with those Stupid targets.

Allen is a brilliant communicator and character, who can motivate players at this level, remember the Classic league cup tie at the city ground which ended 3-3 then went to penalties, who would not want to recreate that team! and that spirit!

why they say in a press report that they have discounted, him signing , i will never know.
    he should be top of anyone's list who doesn't want to be playing non league next season.

I tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I tend to agree.
    In the interest of parity . . . I disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    In the interest of parity . . . I disagree!
    In the interest of making things equal, I agree with your disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    In the interest of making things equal, I agree with your disagreement.
    I disagree with your agreement to disagree

The OP and the Daily Tory reporter are clealy not up to speed with the facts.

Martin Allen currently manages Chesterfield who are currently separated by goal difference from the drop zone in the
    Vanarama National League, having failed to win a league game since the end of August. Chesterfield fans have been calling for his head for months, on the basis of abysmal football, dreadful reruitment and hoofball tactics, (sounds horribly familiar to me). Add to that, the poor man has a heart condition that surfaced a couple of years ago at Eastleigh and you have the genuine 'Dead-Man-Walking'

His return to Meadow Lane would be every bit as disastrous as reappointing Derry or Nolan !

Martin Allen? I’d prefer Dave Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Martin Allen? I’d prefer Dave Allen.
    Now that would be a case of Dead Man Walking!

Unfortunately Martin Allen's contrived theatre stage show only lasts for so long, he would be the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Unfortunately Martin Allen's contrived theatre stage show only lasts for so long, he would be the wrong choice.
    For the ump****th time there is no chance of him coming back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast