+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team v Morecambe

Presuming they're fit
    Fitz
    Turley Ward Davies Jones
    Hewitt Milsom
    Boudwijn Allessandra Hemmings
    Stead

Possibly Tootle at RB and Turley for Davies.

We can't just carry on playing two wide men, every time we do the midfield is wide open and we get overrun. I don't like one up unless the one is a Drogba type player but we have to pack the middle and stop shipping goals to have a chance.
    I think the front six players are probably the most high energy hard running players we have to pick from so for that reason alone they'd be in my team, any ideas of classy passing are gone for this season, it's a relegation battle.

Don't need to justify myself to you elite, forgot your the oracle on all things Notts County

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Presuming they're fit
    Fitz
    Turley Ward Davies Jones
    Hewitt Milsom
    Boudwijn Allessandra Hemmings
    Stead

Possibly Tootle at RB and Turley for Davies.

We can't just carry on playing two wide men, every time we do the midfield is wide open and we get overrun. I don't like one up unless the one is a Drogba type player but we have to pack the middle and stop shipping goals to have a chance.
    I think the front six players are probably the most high energy hard running players we have to pick from so for that reason alone they'd be in my team, any ideas of classy passing are gone for this season, it's a relegation battle.
    Milsom seems to be getting slower by the game - I’m starting to see Gary Owers when I see him now (except Owers made the occasional tackle). We need to get Turley back in the heart of defence, maybe with Bird? Clutching at straws here, though. Or maybe it’s Bird’s turn to play in midfield next?

The single most important outfield player, though, is Stead. Without him we never hold the ball up in the opposition half. I literally cannot remember the last spell of concerted pressure we had in a game - think it was Swindon or MK bloody Dons. Definitely none against Oldham or Cheltenham.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We need to get Turley back in the heart of defence, maybe with Bird?
    Out of all the potential partnerships we could field, I have heard that the Turley/Bird catches the worm. So if this Worm plays for Morecambe we could be OK.

Turley definitely needs to be at centre-half. We need his presence there, whether it's alongside Ward or Brisley, and frankly Ward's got the better pedigree. Tootle and Oxlade-Chamberlain were supposed to be the ones contesting the right-back slot, so it's about time one of them stepped up to the plate, because God knows nobody ever wants to see Hewitt there again. Jones looks crocked and was pathetic again today anyway, so it's between Evina and Kellett at left back.

At a time like this, an experienced former Championship player and Welsh International like David Vaughan should be leading us into battle, so I don't know what's happened there. Personally I'd stick him, Hewitt and Milsom into the centre of the park to see if the three of them combined can somehow win the midfield battle, and then put Hemmings, Dennis and Boldewijn up front. Alessandra's a good player on his day, especially as an number 10, but I don't think he would provide enough bite as the third midfielder, especially away from home at Morecambe.
    Last edited by jackal2; 18-11-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Fitzsimons

Tootle Turley Ward Dunn

Hewitt Vaughan Alessandra

Hemmings Stead (c) Boldewijn

Oxlade Chamberlain at RB if Hewitt’s out.

Subs: Pindroch, Brisley, OC, Husin, Kellett, Dennis, Milsom.

The above gives us experience down the spine which is desperately needed. Vaughan’s taken a lot of stick but other than his sub appearance vs Swindon I don’t think he’s been especially bad, just isn’t suited to the team (similar to Dennis in a different role). Yesterday was the first time we’ve played the system that suits him but Hart/Chettle played a defender in his position instead. Look at the career he’s had; he was still a regular over the river a year ago. Ever get the impression we’re the problem? Give him a run of games then get rid in Jan if he isn’t up to it, but it’s nonsensical having him sat on the sidelines.

Pace and power either side of Stead who’s desperately missed. If he’s still out play Dennis but give him something to work with rather than just booting it above his head. If Alessandra’s injured, which I assume he was yesterday, options are scarce so I’d play Crawford who I thought did ok in difficult circumstances back in August and was a regular in CM in a very physical league last year. Milsom has been dreadful since returning from his ban and needs reminding he isn’t (or shouldn’t be) an automatic pick.

Gave up on Jones and Duffy after yesterday. Not seen Dunn play other than friendlies but he’s been a squad regular and would be hard pushed to be worse than Evina who hasn’t stopped a cross in three months. Alternative would be to use Milsom at LB.

Not massively sold on Ward but he’s way ahead of Duffy and Brisley currently and does at least provide experience (though he rarely looks bothered).

Still feel there’s something for a new guy to work with. Just needs a shake up, a few wheedling out and a collective lift.
    Last edited by freemuzzy; 18-11-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Was Alessandra injured as he wasn’t in yesterday’s squad?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Was Alessandra injured as he wasn’t in yesterday’s squad?
    I hope he was injured. He's been one of our best players this season, so if he was dropped from the squad, it would be unjustifiable. Doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd kick off behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I hope he was injured. He's been one of our best players this season, so if he was dropped from the squad, it would be unjustifiable. Doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd kick off behind the scenes.
    If he wasn’t injured I would terminate Chettles’s contract on the basis he didn’t think Alessandra was in the best 18 players we have and he didn’t have a potential goal scorer on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    If he wasn’t injured I would terminate Chettles’s contract on the basis he didn’t think Alessandra was in the best 18 players we have and he didn’t have a potential goal scorer on the bench.
    Spot on. There would be no defending that

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast