+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Points Average

Points Average

Currently running at two points a game so at current levels that should give us 92 points after 46 games .

Need to slightly improve on that and take that to around the 95 / 96 point margin to ensure automatic promotion in my opinion .

It's all there for us this season , had a bit of a wobble and some home draws that weren't great , Wimbledon and Plymouth were poor results looking at the league table tonight .

The Moore / Woodrow partnership looks the key , good start for Cauley , two goals in two starts , just what you'd want really .

You can't predict anything with any certainty but I have to say a play off spot would feel a little underwhelming .

Some key games coming up , Sunderland , Pompey and Posh , win those and we could be top going in to the new year .

Strengthen in January in one or two areas and kick on .

Never seen us win the league , it's long overdue in my opinion , should have won this fecker in 81 .

We ony need 16 moor pts to avoid relegation !!! DGCA

Be nice to see us win a league. Great result today but apparently a poor performance according to the lads on tykes tv.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Be nice to see us win a league. Great result today but apparently a poor performance according to the lads on tykes tv.
    Still not the finished article pass in my opinion and yet we have 34 points after 17 games .

Stood up to some physicality today apparently so that side of things seems to have come on since the Shrewsbury debacle .

Stendel and Winkler clearly learn quickly , no mugs these two , we couldn't be in better hands , not got much wrong since they arrived and are quick to learn .

Best we've had in the technical area for some time for quite a while in my opinion , Hecky included .

You never want to set yourself up for a big fall but lessons that have hindered us do get sorted .

Bradshaw was a massive loss to this style of football but Woodrow appears to have a bit more , works hard and a better all round footballer with a real threat .

The bench looks decent , another striker perhaps would be most welcome in January and another keeper to push Davies .

I take it as read nobody will be leaving and I'm obviously historically comforted by the fact that when in a promising league position in January we tend to stand strong !!!

All about the results for me, yes we want good football as well but it is icing on the cake and will come.
    Very few teams will go to Accrington and come away with 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Still not the finished article pass in my opinion and yet we have 34 points after 17 games .

Stood up to some physicality today apparently so that side of things seems to have come on since the Shrewsbury debacle .

Stendel and Winkler clearly learn quickly , no mugs these two , we couldn't be in better hands , not got much wrong since they arrived and are quick to learn .

Best we've had in the technical area for some time for quite a while in my opinion , Hecky included .

You never want to set yourself up for a big fall but lessons that have hindered us do get sorted .

Bradshaw was a massive loss to this style of football but Woodrow appears to have a bit more , works hard and a better all round footballer with a real threat .

The bench looks decent , another striker perhaps would be most welcome in January and another keeper to push Davies .

I take it as read nobody will be leaving and I'm obviously historically comforted by the fact that when in a promising league position in January we tend to stand strong !!!

Twas ever thus mate, a try not to build me hopes up until after January

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    All about the results for me, yes we want good football as well but it is icing on the cake and will come.
    Very few teams will go to Accrington and come away with 3 points.

Very true. They were unbeaten at home since opening day. Top result today for me

It looked like smithy did everything he had to do any views of him from dedicated fans that went

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    It looked like smithy did everything he had to do any views of him from dedicated fans that went
    Wouldn't be the worst shout given the clubs policy on age , take him on loan in January till the end of the season and see how he goes .

Prefer a more experienced keeper myself but that's not going to happen .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I take it as read nobody will be leaving and I'm obviously historically comforted by the fact that when in a promising league position in January we tend to stand strong !!![/QUOTE]

Well said Geppetto!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast