+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T A valuable lesson learned

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think it is the right way to go but as you say you are up against big money on some issues, or with big money dependent upon your position. For example on the gun issue, the big money of the NRA came up against the big money of the late Paul Allen (Microsoft founder and owner of the Seattle Seahawks) and his friends.

As a non-voter I just get to pay the taxes. However, I do benefit as I work for a publicly funded agency who 2 years ago were granted $54B over 25 years to plan, build and operate public transportation in Seattle and surrounding areas. Mind you the lawsuits are still going on from the people who now feel they were tricked into voting yes. Sound familiar?
    Certainly does,how frustrating for us 'normal' folk is it, to be continually usurped by 'the lobby', by monetarily driven organisations, when the issue is a social thing??? you will not be surprised that it does my box in, i'm not against profit and companies doing well for themselves, but it seems to me these days that theres something more sinister at play...or am i a bit paranoid!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think it is the right way to go but as you say you are up against big money on some issues, or with big money dependent upon your position. For example on the gun issue, the big money of the NRA came up against the big money of the late Paul Allen (Microsoft founder and owner of the Seattle Seahawks) and his friends.

As a non-voter I just get to pay the taxes. However, I do benefit as I work for a publicly funded agency who 2 years ago were granted $54B over 25 years to plan, build and operate public transportation in Seattle and surrounding areas. Mind you the lawsuits are still going on from the people who now feel they were tricked into voting yes. Sound familiar?
    It's an extraordinary country on many levels CA to say the least .

You can't help to be fascinating by it warts n all in all fairness .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Different people , different culture, unfair to compare it to the UK in my opinion fire .
    Are you saying that the Swiss are better qualified to have an opinion about how their country is run? How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think most of us would get those questions wrong and its probably debatable that the answers given are correct.

The EU question isnt as straightforward and has different implications for different areas of the UK, anyone who says can predict the outcome long term is lying as there are so many complexity levers its impossible.

As for the politicians most of them are in it for themselves and Clegg was outraged (and still is) because a big earner for him has just gone south.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12