+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    What was the attendence?
    Listed official as 4201. Hopefully we won't have to play again on a clash with a Scotland game

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Hopefully we won't have to play again on a clash with a Scotland game
    Hopefully not Stoke, but by playing tonight we took advantage of our recent form, had a decent rest from our previous game, allowed Alloa only 2-3 days rest, kept our momentum going and lastly, gave us the opportunity, which we took, to go above Ross County and close in on Ayr.

Alternatively, we could have played the game in the middle of March.

Like everyone is saying good 1st half, poor 2nd and if it wasn't for that goal saving tackle from Edge it could easily have been a draw. Alloa as a part time team ended the game looking fresher than us and that is a worry.

Delighted with the win though and Alloa will trouble other teams around us and its maybe highlighted the fact that we need another central midfielder in because thon Rabbitsch is fkn honking and Murdoch is a back up RB and that's it.

A little disjointed at times tonight......but three points gained, that’s all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Hopefully not Stoke, but by playing tonight we took advantage of our recent form, had a decent rest from our previous game, allowed Alloa only 2-3 days rest, kept our momentum going and lastly, gave us the opportunity, which we took, to go above Ross County and close in on Ayr.

Alternatively, we could have played the game in the middle of March.
    Agree with all you say there James. What I was meaning was the attendance was definitely affected by Scotland playing the same night. Maybe 5000+ if no Scotland game.

Played quite well first half. Not so good in the second but this is another good result under Robbie. FFS some turn around, well done Robbie Neilson.

The Edge played very well indeed tonight. MOTM for me. Fraser Aird is a player. And has to be said, well done to Curran for a cool head and great strike for that very important fourth goal.

Bring on the Jobby McCalls mob.

As others have said we were slack at times. Had opportunities to kill the game but could only relax after Currans goal.
    Looking positively we passed tests we wouldn't have previously. We came back quickly from losing first goal, scored a penalty, beat our sort of bogey team, flat performance and atmosphere mainly but 3 points.

Another goal from Pavol Safranko at a very important moment, assisted by Aird again.

We might play better and lose, great 3 points and really cranks the pressure up on Ross County and Ayr.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Agree with all you say there James. What I was meaning was the attendance was definitely affected by Scotland playing the same night. Maybe 5000+ if no Scotland game.
    I don’t think the Scotland game would have much, if any, impact on tonight’s game tbh

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I don’t think the Scotland game would have much, if any, impact on tonight’s game tbh
    Bit unfair to the sth who travelled to see their country tonight? At least their seats will be counted for regardless where they were.
    Last edited by B4 i go; 21-11-2018 at 01:15 AM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)