+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Friday Night Football

Friday Night Football

See that BBC have agreed a new contract with SPFL for next year (2019) including live Friday night games from the Championship from January. Last time we had coverage like that was the Sevco years. I can see that we might feature prominently in these after Christmas and that a few of our games will be shifted for this. Personally I like Friday night games, but I’d hope that the selected clubs get financial benefits too given that we are a new addition to the BBC package. Also predict that this won’t effect crowds as we will be in our way back to the Premiership by then 🤞

i like friday night football, its different, its a good feeling, guys finishing work early, pub then the game! Give me a Friday to a Sunday any day of the week

I like Friday football too. even ok with saturday evening games as well

See the Ayr Utd away game at the end of January has been switched to a Friday night now

Was going to go to that if on the Saturday but probably won't bother now. The down side of Friday night futba.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    See the Ayr Utd away game at the end of January has been switched to a Friday night now

Was going to go to that if on the Saturday but probably won't bother now. The down side of Friday night futba.
    Nail on the head mate,Friday night football is better than Saturday at midday for atmosphere but only if you are playing at home,lets face it when your away its Saturday 3PM you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Nail on the head mate,Friday night football is better than Saturday at midday for atmosphere but only if you are playing at home,lets face it when your away its Saturday 3PM you want.
    Ken what G there's 12 of us got train and hotel booked for ICT on 15th. If that was to change to a Friday night game(highly unlikely now) I'd be biling.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Ken what G there's 12 of us got train and hotel booked for ICT on 15th. If that was to change to a Friday night game(highly unlikely now) I'd be biling.
    Unfortunately mate we are always at the mercy of the broadcasters,if we were getting English top league or even Championship money it would be a cross worth bearing.I have every sympathy with any Scottish football supporters being fannied about so their team can receive a pittance.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)