+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for Mad Dog

Time for Mad Dog

There's only one man who fits the current scenario IMHO. Mad Dog, if he's still 'got it', can walk in with his big daft smile and wipe the slate clean for all the players and raise the morale in short order. These players are not the sh*te everyone seems to be making out, they just have approximately zero commitment, organisation or motivation right now.

Send for the Winston Wolfe of the lower divisions Mr Hardy. You know it makes sense. If anyone can knock some good times into the remainder of this season it's him.

Name:  martin_allen.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  59.0 KB

The current situation certainly is reminiscent of the one he inherited from Paul Ince a few years ago. Our team at the time was on the floor after a massive run of consecutive defeats, with only six games left, and I didn't believe any manager would be able to save us, but in came Martin Allen with his big booming personality, positivity and a clear understanding of the minds of players and fans, and somehow he united the entire club and dragged us out of trouble. As much as anything he used his persona to take all of the focus on to him and take the pressure off the players, and then publicly insisted on the radio that "these are good players", which many people didn't believe at the time. By the final day of the season we were safe and held runaway champions Brighton 0-0 at Meadow Lane. It was a pretty remarkable feat which perhaps has been a bit forgotten in the mists of time.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat

All very fair points if you’re judging him solely on his stint at Notts 7 years ago where he did a great job and one of many under RT that was dismissed far too soon.

But have a look at where Chesterfield are in the Conference table. They were on the floor too and he hasn’t managed to pick them up in any way, shape or form despite having one of the biggest budgets in that league to work with.

The table doesn’t tell the full story either. They’ve not won since August. He’s been publicly transfer listing players, then playing them, and signing new ones week on week pretty much at random. Their fans wouldn’t believe their luck if we PAID to take him off their hands.

No thanks. I’d sooner we get someone a bit more long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    All very fair points if you’re judging him solely on his stint at Notts 7 years ago where he did a great job and one of many under RT that was dismissed far too soon.

But have a look at where Chesterfield are in the Conference table. They were on the floor too and he hasn’t managed to pick them up in any way, shape or form despite having one of the biggest budgets in that league to work with.

The table doesn’t tell the full story either. They’ve not won since August. He’s been publicly transfer listing players, then playing them, and signing new ones week on week pretty much at random. Their fans wouldn’t believe their luck if we PAID to take him off their hands.

No thanks. I’d sooner we get someone a bit more long-term.
    Chesterfield are up for sale,the Chairman wants out,So I would imagine MA isn't getting much backing.Sometimes Managers got to clubs done well at the last club & nothing goes for you at another.Eddie Howe a prime example of this when he left Bournemouth for Preston.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Chesterfield are up for sale,the Chairman wants out,So I would imagine MA isn't getting much backing.Sometimes Managers got to clubs done well at the last club & nothing goes for you at another.Eddie Howe a prime example of this when he left Bournemouth for Preston.
    Err! Burnley

Its a no from me, sorry.

Definitely no chance of him coming back according to Colin and Charlie Slater, not even considered.

NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Err! Burnley
    Well, nearly right,was NW area

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast