+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough times...

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    caused by a poor Summer on my behalf- AH on twitter.So the blokes not learnt from last Jan,yet was bumming up the Summer signings.The bloke is a fecking tool.Seriously think he should sell up.He ain't cut out for it.

Great post, just what the club needs now,get the owner to pack it all in...Jesus wept.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Great post, just what the club needs now,get the owner to pack it all in...Jesus wept.
    You just stick to your usual nodding soccerman

Irish Pete with his usual nonsensical ramblings. On par with that bitter douche who complains every post about the state of our youth team and the ever optimistic Durhampie

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This will draw a lot of ire I'm sure but I honestly feel sorry for AH in regards to the football side of things. He brought in Nolan who saved us and then achieved the playoffs. The fans were demanding a fresh attack and some wingers please (myself included) which Nolan got due to the big funds provided by AH. Let's face it, we were nearly all (Not MIG obviously ha ha) really happy with the business done in the summer, who wouldn't be? The best winger in the league, a twenty odd goal striker, Hemmings well thought of and for how terrible he's been, Thomas also came with a good pedigree.

AH let Nolan build the squad, what else was he meant to do, if he'd have interfered then everyone would have had his head lobbed off. Nolan let him down with the squad he built, there is genuinely no steel at all. He probably thought Duffy brings steel, no he doesn't he brings flopping about like a fish out of water and then having a go at everyone else. Great.

The only thing I wasn't sure on is the appointment of Kewell, maybe with the right squad he'd be a good manager but he wasn't what we needed at the time. I hope this time we get someone in who'll be here for awhile.

In summary I think AH whilst not perfect by along way, has done more than a lot of owners in trying to further the club on the field and off it. I hope for his and our sakes that the next incumbent doesn't talk the talk but then fade like the dying light on a winters afternoon.
    This is exactly how I feel.

I thought he'd bought well during the summer except for a central midfield general, but even then I thought that out of all the midfielders one would rise to the challenge.

The defence were OK last season - I don't buy this 'we all knew they were useless'. They got us to the play-offs with the third best defensive record. Yes, they let in 5 in 2 games in the play-offs, but you have to take into account that included a penalty that never was, an off-side goal and the last one while we were chasing the game.

We should not though have got rid of Collin and should have tried harder to keep O'Connor.

I don't think realistically that any of us would have thought we would be where we are. That squad has enough in it to be at least mid-table and I am (fairly) confident we can get out of the mire. Having said that, I am less confident than I was a few weeks ago after the three wins.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    AH: 'I believe we have an excellent manager about to join us who’ll return this great club to where it rightly belongs.'

Appointment imminent then? With Hurst reportedly being at the game yesterday does this point strongly in his direction?
    If that's the case why doesn't he announce it. He's full of it on twitter every other day or is this just another load of bollox..

Tbh I think it's become very clear over the last few months that Hardy really doesn't know what he's doing, he has made mistake after mistake and the club cannot afford it to continue, this is the 4th successive season in the pub league and fans are fed up with it at best next year is going to be the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Tbh I think it's become very clear over the last few months that Hardy really doesn't know what he's doing, he has made mistake after mistake and the club cannot afford it to continue, this is the 4th successive season in the pub league and fans are fed up with it at best next year is going to be the 5th.
    Our turnover of managers and players has been way too high in the Trew and Hardy years - to the extent that this has become “the Notts County way”.

That’s why our squads are far too big and lack quality, and why we think it’s acceptable to call for a manager’s head after 10 league games, of which he has lost four (two of them unluckily). I don’t actually think Kewell would have got the sack at any other club than ours with that record (OK, maybe Leeds or Watford). We need to give the new manager time to introduce his philosophy into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Irish Pete with his usual nonsensical ramblings. On par with that bitter douche who complains every post about the state of our youth team and the ever optimistic Durhampie
    Wots up xxxxxxxx shiner.Mummy let you on the tablet today.
    Show me my other usual ramblings. Xxxxx
    Last edited by SwalePie; 18-11-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Wots up arsehole shiner.Mummy let you on the tablet today.
    Show me my other usual ramblings.Prick
    I guess the bell end is referring to me? ha ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I guess the bell end is referring to me? ha ha ha ha
    I would say the fact he quoted a post from someone else in his tirade suggests it has nothing at all to do with you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast