+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough times...

Tough times...

caused by a poor Summer on my behalf- AH on twitter.So the blokes not learnt from last Jan,yet was bumming up the Summer signings.The bloke is a fecking tool.Seriously think he should sell up.He ain't cut out for it.

I'll say again, that defense is beyond normal.
    Couldn't keep a clean sheet, in a nunnery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ecTbM3QeI

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I'll say again, that defense is beyond normal.
    Couldn't keep a clean sheet, in a nunnery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ecTbM3QeI
    Tricky, I am surprised at you of all people. Defense is American English...defence is British English....Rule Britannia.

AH: 'I believe we have an excellent manager about to join us who’ll return this great club to where it rightly belongs.'

Appointment imminent then? With Hurst reportedly being at the game yesterday does this point strongly in his direction?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    AH: 'I believe we have an excellent manager about to join us who’ll return this great club to where it rightly belongs.'

Appointment imminent then? With Hurst reportedly being at the game yesterday does this point strongly in his direction?

RedRag seems to think so:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...become-2232486

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

However it is I hope AH hasn’t jumped the gun again on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    caused by a poor Summer on my behalf- AH on twitter.So the blokes not learnt from last Jan,yet was bumming up the Summer signings.The bloke is a fecking tool.Seriously think he should sell up.He ain't cut out for it.
    Kin ell that’s harsh. Up until 6 months ago he’d been doing great, play offs, cheap tickets, attendances up, even a couple of full houses. .

Obviously all gone pear shaped lately, and he doesn’t do himself any favours at all with some of his public pronouncements, but he doesn’t deserve that kind of abuse.

Alan Hardy's intentions for the club are genuine, and in the world of shysters who would be football chairmen, that should never be undervalued. Ask most people up to last Christmas and they would barely have been able to find fault with him. Since then, he's made some dubious calls, but he's still relatively new to the football industry and he needs to learn from the mistakes he's made. His comments on Twitter suggest he's aware of this and admits it, so give him time to demonstrate that learning. There's certainly no need to be throwing insults at him.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Tricky, I am surprised at you of all people. Defense is American English...defence is British English....Rule Britannia.
    Many apologies Lord Soccer. Bloody Bill Gates doing with this Google auto correct. Is a conspiracy I tell yer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Kin ell that’s harsh. Up until 6 months ago he’d been doing great, play offs, cheap tickets, attendances up, even a couple of full houses. .

Obviously all gone pear shaped lately, and he doesn’t do himself any favours at all with some of his public pronouncements, but he doesn’t deserve that kind of abuse.
    This will draw a lot of ire I'm sure but I honestly feel sorry for AH in regards to the football side of things. He brought in Nolan who saved us and then achieved the playoffs. The fans were demanding a fresh attack and some wingers please (myself included) which Nolan got due to the big funds provided by AH. Let's face it, we were nearly all (Not MIG obviously ha ha) really happy with the business done in the summer, who wouldn't be? The best winger in the league, a twenty odd goal striker, Hemmings well thought of and for how terrible he's been, Thomas also came with a good pedigree.

AH let Nolan build the squad, what else was he meant to do, if he'd have interfered then everyone would have had his head lobbed off. Nolan let him down with the squad he built, there is genuinely no steel at all. He probably thought Duffy brings steel, no he doesn't he brings flopping about like a fish out of water and then having a go at everyone else. Great.

The only thing I wasn't sure on is the appointment of Kewell, maybe with the right squad he'd be a good manager but he wasn't what we needed at the time. I hope this time we get someone in who'll be here for awhile.

In summary I think AH whilst not perfect by along way, has done more than a lot of owners in trying to further the club on the field and off it. I hope for his and our sakes that the next incumbent doesn't talk the talk but then fade like the dying light on a winters afternoon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast