+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Hate crime figures

O/T Hate crime figures

You've got to laugh really.
    When you have MP's like Abbott screaming that hate crime is on the rise and Brexit has caused this.

The MET really is a circus on its own.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-probed.html

Classic

Quite amusing in one sense but as its published by mainstream media one has to take it with a pinch of salt. As far as it being a hate crime isn't it the police who decide that rather than the complainant. If any of this is true then its scary we have coppers who are interpretting these incidents in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Quite amusing in one sense but as its published by mainstream media one has to take it with a pinch of salt. As far as it being a hate crime isn't it the police who decide that rather than the complainant. If any of this is true then its scary we have coppers who are interpretting these incidents in this way.
    Official definition of Hate Crime

A crime that the victim or any other person perceives to be motivated by hostility or prejudice towards any aspect of a person’s identity. Police forces in England, Wales and Northern Ireland are required to annually monitor Hate Crime

On that basis any police discretion would seem to be minimal at best .

My dog hates spaniels... FACT!

Abbott is a hate crime in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Nottsco2002, I do not know if you are aware?
    But a hate crime accusation doesn't have to be investigated, an arrest made or a conviction for it to count.
    The minute it is made, it goes on the list.
    So the Brexit bandwagon has used it as a weapon, claiming the country has turned into Mississippi 150 years ago.

Essentially there are hate “incidents”, they become a hate crime only if a criminal offence has taken place. Unfortunately if you offend someone because of their ethnicity for example this is a hate incident, if you physically assault said person because of their ethnicity then it becomes a crime.

Problem is everybody jumps straight to reporting every incident as a crime so they get logged as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Nottsco2002, I do not know if you are aware?
    But a hate crime accusation doesn't have to be investigated, an arrest made or a conviction for it to count.
    The minute it is made, it goes on the list.
    So the Brexit bandwagon has used it as a weapon, claiming the country has turned into Mississippi 150 years ago.
    Just because that article you quoted lists spurious hate crimes (including one where a woman thought a Car reversed into hers because she had a poppy on the front haha) it doesn’t mean to say that the number of genuine hate crimes hasn’t gone up.

These silly articles are specifically designed to make people like yourself angry Tricky. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Just because that article you quoted lists spurious hate crimes (including one where a woman thought a Car reversed into hers because she had a poppy on the front haha) it doesn’t mean to say that the number of genuine hate crimes hasn’t gone up.

These silly articles are specifically designed to make people like yourself angry Tricky. Job done.
    Correct. The 'power of the press'.

Stirs people up.

But then again, it was the Daily Mail. What do you expect? I've looked through the article and cannot find any reference to either Abbott or Brexit. Can't you see that the headline refers to a hate crime and then infers all of the other things are hate 'crimes', but then in the article it refers to 'Further examples in a list of more than 2,500 alleged ‘hate incidents’ logged by the Metropolitan Police in 2015 and 2016 include ...... ' Headline is sensationalist as usual.

Regarding the Met comment:

'Current rules mean police have to record any allegation described as motivated by prejudice as a hate incident, even if it is insufficiently serious to be regarded as a crime.

And control room staff are required to note down the details even if the informant does not want any action to be taken'.

So what are they supposed to do?

I'm surprised you haven't said that all the complainants are remoaners!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Why do you say I am angry. I laughed my socks off.
    It is wet fish like you that cry and blub and cling to silly things like this, to try to justify your terrible treatment.
    Basically, stop being such sensitive babies and grow a pair.

To shut up MM and his low opinion of everyone else.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-england-wales

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/150...in_hate_crime/

Try reporting an actual crime, then I'll start being serious.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 18-11-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast