+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T EU Leaders are UNELECTED and UNACCOUNTABLE.

The aim here seems to be to get everyone on to the minimum wage and on 35 hrs per week.

I know qualified nurses and plumbers along with other skilled workers who have their wages set against the minimum wage + a %.

The surprising figures that came out saying that the french economy was getting more from the workers than the Uk is correct but they don't pay time and half in fact they pay nothing and give time off instead. Although I know folk including a policeman who was owed tens of days that weren't paid for! No unions to fight for ou either regardles of what you read in the press.

German immagrants work their first full year of employement for much less that the minimum wage.Benefits are given to top up the wages but the companies get an advantage over other european countries.

The UK is heading down the path of the Living Wage as a minimum but that will turn into the normal rate over time!

We're all ants and getting out of the EU could stop this dissadvantage or could encourage it who knows?

Will Brexit happen? Still not sure!

I voted Remain and would vote the same way if there was a second referendum, in fact I’m still hopeful that Brexit won’t happen.

Out of interest would anyone on here vote differently to their original vote with the hindsight of the last 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I voted Remain and would vote the same way if there was a second referendum, in fact I’m still hopeful that Brexit won’t happen.

Out of interest would anyone on here vote differently to their original vote with the hindsight of the last 18 months?
    No I would still vote leave just because Tory’s are incompetent doesn’t make the decision to leave wrong.

Interesting question, I voted remain but would consider leave

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Its the pound thats weak against the Euro - and most other world currencies. It dropped like a stone after the referendum and never recovered to anywhete near pre Brexit levels. Its the World FX markets saying the UK economy will slump if we bomb out of the EU with no deal.
    Wait and see what happens to the pound if it looks like Corbyn is going to be elected.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Wait and see what happens to the pound if it looks like Corbyn is going to be elected.
    What's it look like right now, after 9 years of tory rule.....

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Do you know what one remoaner said on channel 4 last year if we don’t allow people into the uk who’s gonna wash my car?
    I didn't see that but I did see one woman in London who said "who's going to make my lattes?"

Do you think that if there was a second vote and Remain won then that would be the end of it?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    What's it look like right now, after 9 years of tory rule.....
    As Wanchai pointed out, it fell quite sharply after the Brexit vote, but otherwise has been generally stable.

Here you go: https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...o=EUR&view=10Y
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 18-11-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Can't believe you've said that LM
    Told you 37 seasons ago on the bus to Exeter in 1981 we should get out.
    Some people think Teresa's bad but imagine Angela Merkel dictating to us every day

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast