+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England ......Just Wow !!!

England ......Just Wow !!!

What a pulsating game that was this afternoon against Croatia , I know this competition's got it's critics and I get that but that was a full on competitive game .

To come from behind the way they did after conceding a soft goal and far the better team was a delight to see .

Relegated Croatia too , happy days .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What a pulsating game that was this afternoon against Croatia , I know this competition's got it's critics and I get that but that was a full on competitive game .

To come from behind the way they did after conceding a soft goal and far the better team was a delight to see .

We shouldn't get blinded by the scoreline here. The game was dead and buried at 1-0 Croatia. England totally out of ideas and unable to get the key players into the game. Somehow we've scored 2 scrappy goals out of nothing. Credit to the boys for pulling it out but let's not kid ourselves. We are easily nullified by the better quality opposition once the game settles. England started exceptionally well and missed 3 guilt edged chances which fortunately hasn't cost us but it should've. Croatia were in control 2nd half, no doubt about it. We had no answer regarding gaining any sort of territorial advantage or possession. We've somehow dug a result out.

We need a quality midfielder. Its blatantly obvious. We have made steady progress under Southgate but this team can't go any further until we find the quality in midfield, a world class player in there and we can seriously start to think of being tournament contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We shouldn't get blinded by the scoreline here. The game was dead and buried at 1-0 Croatia. England totally out of ideas and unable to get the key players into the game. Somehow we've scored 2 scrappy goals out of nothing. Credit to the boys for pulling it out but let's not kid ourselves. We are easily nullified by the better quality opposition once the game settles. England started exceptionally well and missed 3 guilt edged chances which fortunately hasn't cost us but it should've. Croatia were in control 2nd half, no doubt about it. We had no answer regarding gaining any sort of territorial advantage or possession. We've somehow dug a result out.

We need a quality midfielder. Its blatantly obvious. We have made steady progress under Southgate but this team can't go any further until we find the quality in midfield, a world class player in there and we can seriously start to think of being tournament contenders.
    That's what pleased me the most Pass , Germanesque the way we found a way when it looked to be slipping away from us .

They wouldn't have turned that around 12 months ago .

Far from the finished article but these young lads are progressing really well , agree about the midfielder coming through .

There's much to be optimistic about in my opinion, we have a way of playing, we're young with a manager who isn't frightened of playing young players. We have good team spirit which hasn't always been the case. It all bodes well for a bright future.

I think we've done exceptionally well to win a very tough group. Am chuffed for the lads. Christ this is so much better to watch than the trash we've had to endure in recent years. I sincerely hope we can find that world class player to make that bit of difference for us.

When the game is slipping away we need to find a plan B. I believe if we can find that extra bit of class and find a natural leader then that will change

Both sides missed very good chances,what was Pickford doin when he went t'deck and chested the ball away and the Croat shudda scored? England are defo easier to watch than they have been for along time but that Pig "band ger on mi nerves,tuneless twohats.I think England when Hazza Maguire plays at side of Stonesy. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Both sides missed very good chances,what was Pickford doin when he went t'deck and chested the ball away and the Croat shudda scored? England are defo easier to watch than they have been for along time but that Pig "band ger on mi nerves,tuneless twohats.I think England when Hazza Maguire plays at side of Stonesy. UTCB
    We're All England Aren't We Rod ??

:-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

Obviously wasn’t dead and buried then.

England Cricket create more of a wow for me. Comprehensively beat a good India side then beat Sri Lanka away.

We're All England Aren't We Rod ??

Yep certainly are mi owd pal,terrific to see local lads doin so well.UTCB

JLO wants to go to the finals and tasked me with ensuring this happens , now despite my best attempts to talk her in to a weekend in cleggy instead it fell on deaf ears .

Luckily animals xmas bonus is paid out next week from work , so a cheeky week in Portugal at the beginning of summer watching the national team in a semi and hopefully a final is very doable .

Yes this is a giant leap on to a very large bandwagon , this time last year if Gareth's boys were playing in my back garden I'd have shut the curtains .

However ............

Not so much as a host city announced on the UEFA website , apart from it's in Portugal and if two city's are hosting they can't be more than 150km apart and must have a stadium with at least a 30k capacity ........how helpful .

Now that tells me that it must be Lisbon who will host the 4 games , Porto if the info is correct is over 300km from Lisbon and I don't see another city bidding for the tournament in Portugal other than those two .

So to be smart the best way forward is to book a week in Lisbon asap , preferably before the draw and tournament location is announced and hotels get booked up and the prices with it including flights .

Then of course there the small matter of match tickets , England fans are going to be all over this , to say the least , ok the tournament isn't a major one but the location weather and a easy flight will be very appealing .

This isn't going to be cheap despite my best efforts to try and pre guess UEFA's plans but I have my orders .

What can one do !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast