+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - England

Probably because I live In Scotland and was therefore away from the excitement of the World Cup but I thought in that competition England went as far as they should have done with the benefit of a friendly draw. However I was impressed by the performance today albeit the Croatia goal did deflate the team. Great spirit to turn it round especially knowing that they would be relegated if they did not. I only hope that Notts can show the same grit under such pressure but it feels like a forlorn hope in the current circumstances.

PS I have quite enjoyed the Nations League format as at least it has done away with all those tedious meaningless friendly games.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Probably because I live In Scotland and was therefore away from the excitement of the World Cup but I thought in that competition England went as far as they should have done with the benefit of a friendly draw. However I was impressed by the performance today albeit the Croatia goal did deflate the team. Great spirit to turn it round especially knowing that they would be relegated if they did not. I only hope that Notts can show the same grit under such pressure but it feels like a forlorn hope in the current circumstances.
    PS I have quite enjoyed the Nations League format as at least it has done away with all those tedious meaningless friendly games.
    I think your right there kid lol.
    And you will probably get more of a reply on here than I do anyway, as Im NOT in the 'Clique'.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And you will probably get more of a reply on here than I do anyway, as Im NOT in the 'Clique'.

Great come back, great game, well done England.

They probably still remember you calling us Nottingham County Acido

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    They probably still remember you calling us Nottingham County Acido
    Aww Chalky kid, Ive only ever said/posted that stuff on here since it became relevant lol.
    Now then lads, who have Nottingham County Fc got in the next round ouf the Fa Cup eh ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 18-11-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Aww Chalky kid, Ive only ever said/posted that stuff on here since it became relevant lol.
    Now then lads, who have Nottingham County Fc got in the next round ouf the Fa Cup eh ?.
    We got knocked out by Sheffield Suburbs

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We got knocked out by Sheffield Suburbs
    Sheffield, who are they ?.
    (and you have to say this in a bad scouse accent, like the kids in the 80s Accy Stanley milk advert lol).

Sheffield, who are they ?.
    (and you have to say this in a bad scouse accent, like the kids in the 80s Accy Stanley milk advert lol).
    They are the Yorkshire teams along with Leeds who are in a higher league

Me and my lad had a brilliant day at Wembley, the atmosphere in and outside the ground was great. The Croatians fans certainly know how to enjoy themselves. Been to many England games and been bored stiff to be honest but this felt special . Ar well, Morecambe Saturday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast