+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - England

OT - England

It's easy to see why interest has waned, and shocking that Sky have sole rights over these fixtures, but didn't any other pirate Pies see us win on a stream? Us being England, that is. We've just topped a group with Spain and Croatia in it. If we lost, we were relegated. If we won, we go to the semis in Portugal next summer. A fair achievement then.

Things have moved on a bit. We have Barkley instead of Henderson and Delph playing his best game for England or anyone else. Rashford played well until he was clobbered then Lingard came on and scored, hacked one of the line and made a difference. We're not that bad.

The best part is the self-styled underrated Croats seem to have underrated us and thought they had it won already at 1-0. Unlucky.

Totally forgot they were even playing.

Really enjoyed that - and the fact that we beat Croatia after trailing made it even sweeter (modicum of revenge for the World Cup).

We played some excellent stuff in the first half but didn’t take our chances, then fell behind to a deflection. Couldn’t see us scoring after that, until we scored from two set-pieces (long throw and free kick). Well done England and Gareth Southgate. Best thing is there’s a real squad of talented young players now.

My interest in England always goes up when Notts are doing badly, so it’s obviously sky high at the moment.

Really good today, but a lot of missed chances first half and a lot of fannying around without an end product in the second. A traditional long throw and set piece won the game and I think the Nations League will be a big thing when we play the semi finals in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It's easy to see why interest has waned, and shocking that Sky have sole rights over these fixtures, but didn't any other pirate Pies see us win on a stream? Us being England, that is. We've just topped a group with Spain and Croatia in it. If we lost, we were relegated. If we won, we go to the semis in Portugal next summer. A fair achievement then.
    The best part is the self-styled underrated Croats seem to have underrated us and thought they had it won already at 1-0. Unlucky.
    Hey Bohinen, I still haven't got a scooby doo about the long term rules of this new competition. But if we/England can win it and finish top of the group, then yes it gets my vote lol.
    So this new compo not only goes a long way towards doing away with friendlies, it gives teams an early chance of qualifying for the next Euro Champship Finals ?.
    And do the rest then have to qualify from further groups after this, Im not sure how they do it and how many teams are actually in the '20 Finals to be honest.
    But is it right that we/England are hosting a Semi and the Final itself both at Wembley, so its going to be like a mini version of Euro '96 isn't, and that would be an absolutely massive incentive for us to finally make our mark on the Intl scene.

I won't pay Judas Murdoch his penny so I look forward to the highlights later, but why did you OT this post Bohinen? At least it's football and from all accounts yesterday's charade wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I won't pay Judas Murdoch his penny so I look forward to the highlights later, but why did you OT this post Bohinen? At least it's football and from all accounts yesterday's charade wasn't?
    Sid, Murdoch doesn’t own Sky anymore. It’s owned by the US media company Comcast.

This Nations League thing has the feel of the Pisspot Trophy in that no-one really takes any notice of it until the semi-final stage, and even then it's hardly a big thing. Good to see us make progress however, but it will be a while before the competition gains any importance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Sid, Murdoch doesn’t own Sky anymore. It’s owned by the US media company Comcast.
    OOps, I did it again. Thanks for that timely reminder, BFP, I did know that but it slipped my excuse for a mind. OK then, I can't afford the bloody thing.

OOps, I did it again. Thanks for that timely reminder, BFP, I did know that but it slipped my excuse for a mind. OK then, I can't afford the bloody thing.
    Then watch it for free like a lot people do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast