+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Semi serious question?

A Semi serious question?

After yesterdays debacle ( I wont call it a game) when 100% of the fans I spoke with before KO questioned the line up & tactics is it not worth reconsidering our options when it comes to interim managers?? The 3 musketeers who picked yesterdays team showed little sign of actually seeing these players in action so why not pick a manager from the fans who at least watches the games & see the problems?? I accept that as a full time manager those with a football background & contacts within the game have a massive advantage, but when it comes to picking the team & giving a team talk for a couple of games don't you think that a fan or even an owner would be a better choice??

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    After yesterdays debacle ( I wont call it a game) when 100% of the fans I spoke with before KO questioned the line up & tactics is it not worth reconsidering our options when it comes to interim managers?? The 3 musketeers who picked yesterdays team showed little sign of actually seeing these players in action so why not pick a manager from the fans who at least watches the games & see the problems?? I accept that as a full time manager those with a football background & contacts within the game have a massive advantage, but when it comes to picking the team & giving a team talk for a couple of games don't you think that a fan or even an owner would be a better choice??
    I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking! Do you in your right mind think those or any other bunch of players are going to seriously take on board what a fan has to say?

I think it's really worrying when you see the team sheet and KNOW that you haven't a chance. I also think it's worrying that we can all see this and they can't. I think many managers fall into the trap of the thought of needing to get instant results which to be fair most of them have to do in a way. I think they believe if only, for example, Duffy can give us a decent game then we're in with a shot, it's abit like knowing your girlfriend is loose then hoping she won't sleep with someone else when she heads off into town. Chances are she's got her knickers round her ankles in a back alley but you still blindly hope she won't have. The trick is to get a new, improved girlfriend but the trouble is when you're ugly like Notts then you're left scraping the barrel.

If the next manager doesn't do owte then they should let Notts Mad have it, we can each be manager for a game and see if that's any better.

What a boring post, Ancient, even more boring than mine ... and quite detached from reality. Never mind, tomorrow's another day.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think it's really worrying when you see the team sheet and KNOW that you haven't a chance. I also think it's worrying that we can all see this and they can't. I think many managers fall into the trap of the thought of needing to get instant results which to be fair most of them have to do in a way. I think they believe if only, for example, Duffy can give us a decent game then we're in with a shot, it's abit like knowing your girlfriend is loose then hoping she won't sleep with someone else when she heads off into town. Chances are she's got her knickers round her ankles in a back alley but you still blindly hope she won't have. The trick is to get a new, improved girlfriend but the trouble is when you're ugly like Notts then you're left scraping the barrel.

If the next manager doesn't do owte then they should let Notts Mad have it, we can each be manager for a game and see if that's any better.
    I got about half way through that post and then suddenly i visualised Ian Holloway speaking to me

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I got about half way through that post and then suddenly i visualised Ian Holloway speaking to me
    Look if the seagulls follow the trawlers then they must think fish are about to be thrown. Ok to simplify we just need to put all the meat on the barbeque in the same game so we can play formula one football. Fair enough I can see I've lost you so I'll end with something sensible like dilly ding dilly dong. Glad we got that cleared up.

Only one possible option there, our next manager has to be McCullochisGod. He knows exactly where we are going wrong, so it would be a piece of cake for him to sort things out.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post

I stopped reading after the 'Knickers round ankles' and 'Scraping the barrel' part, sounds decidedly painful.

Anyhoo, didn't Florist invite fans into their dressing room on one occasion to give their thorts on the players efforts???

Did it work??? Doubt it.

When the team was announced yesterday, I was unsure what formation we were playing and who exactly, was playing where???

I was still unsure after the final whistle had gone, as it happens.

We need the best, most experienced manager we can employ to try and get this rag, tag and bobtail army to scrape a few points together and hope Al is willing to dig deep in the Janny-Tranny window.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking! Do you in your right mind think those or any other bunch of players are going to seriously take on board what a fan has to say?
    So they were taking on board what Chettle & Co had to say??

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What a boring post, Ancient, even more boring than mine ... and quite detached from reality. Never mind, tomorrow's another day.
    sid my owd mate, unless you had the pleasure of sitting through yesterdays game you don't know the meaning of "boring" even you could have picked a more exciting team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast