+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Semi serious question?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Only one possible option there, our next manager has to be McCullochisGod. He knows exactly where we are going wrong, so it would be a piece of cake for him to sort things out.
    I think we all know where we are going wrong.

As for sorting it out........................?????

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    When the team was announced yesterday, I was unsure what formation we were playing and who exactly, was playing where??? I was still unsure after the final whistle had gone, as it happens.
    Unfortunately, the 13 players in black and white shirts shared your confusion.

I suppose the plus side is that at least the bloke in the green shirt seemed to know his position.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    After yesterdays debacle ( I wont call it a game) when 100% of the fans I spoke with before KO questioned the line up & tactics is it not worth reconsidering our options when it comes to interim managers?? The 3 musketeers who picked yesterdays team showed little sign of actually seeing these players in action so why not pick a manager from the fans who at least watches the games & see the problems?? I accept that as a full time manager those with a football background & contacts within the game have a massive advantage, but when it comes to picking the team & giving a team talk for a couple of games don't you think that a fan or even an owner would be a better choice??
    OK to reply with a semblance of seriousness. Do I believe some fans could do a better job than some of the managers we have had? I absolutely do.

Would they do it with this team? Absolutely not! This team needs a hard man who has actually been in a football fight at this level before. Someone who has the confidence and respect of the majority will be able to deal with the disruptive minority that obviously exists in this squad.

I think if fans got a little time "behind the scenes" they probably wouldn't attend games any more after they saw how little many players really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Only one possible option there, our next manager has to be McCullochisGod. He knows exactly where we are going wrong, so it would be a piece of cake for him to sort things out.
    He would get rid of the owner first then realise there is nobody to pay the bills.

We've seen what a sh!t show it is when fans ran the club. Fans have no place making ANY sort of decisions relating to team issues.

It's falling attendance that makes clubs and hopefully players sit up and take notice. I think most fans, including you lot, have a really good idea(s) about what's required. Most of the posts are really enjoyable except when it gets personal. Perhaps we'll have some news today.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

When the team was announced yesterday, I was unsure what formation we were playing and who exactly, was playing where???

I was still unsure after the final whistle had gone, as it happens.

We need the best, most experienced manager we can employ to try and get this rag, tag and bobtail army to scrape a few points together and hope Al is willing to dig deep in the Janny-Tranny window.
    If you have three wannabe managers picking the team you're asking for trouble. Each will see something different in each different player and each would have picked a different team altogether. Then you have tactics...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12