+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thomas Babington McAuley

Thomas Babington McAuley

Tom was a Baron, a historian and a whig politician in the mid 1800s. Having studied Socrates, he said something along the lines that the more he read, the less he wondered why Socrates was strangled.

Surely this attitude applies to your chairman, who sacked a manager that coaxed at least some results from the crippled hippos in your club. He governs like his rich father bought him a football club to play with. His repository of wisdom must be bought at a high price from The germ Corbyn.

Countys struggles at least provides the rest of us with entertainment, a bit like Bambi falling into a threshing machine, and the engine is on. Or Bonnie Langford going for a gentle walk in Syria, dont ask how she got there, and being caught by a large group of ISIS maniacs.

With that very uncomfortable thought, i am signing off, until next time. Yes there will be a next time, there must be a curse on your club. Put there by Barry Fry.

p.s, would Langford win?

I'm afraid you're wasting your time with any piss take posts.

However bad you try to make our situation, the reality is worse.

Going for a gentle walk in Syria is still safer than being manager of Notts County.

There's an old old saying, Psaw: You can't take the p i s s out of s h i t.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Tom was a Baron, a historian and a whig politician in the mid 1800s. Having studied Socrates, he said something along the lines that the more he read, the less he wondered why Socrates was strangled.
    He can't have been a very good one then because Socrates wasn't strangled.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    There's an old old saying, Psaw: You can't take the p i s s out of s h i t.
    Or polish that s h i t but you can how ever roll it in Glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

Surely this attitude applies to your chairman, who sacked a manager that coaxed at least some results from the crippled hippos in your club. He governs like his rich father bought him a football club to play with. His repository of wisdom must be bought at a high price from The germ Corbyn.

Countys struggles at least provides the rest of us with entertainment, a bit like Bambi falling into a threshing machine, and the engine is on. Or Bonnie Langford going for a gentle walk in Syria, dont ask how she got there, and being caught by a large group of ISIS maniacs.

With that very uncomfortable thought, i am signing off, until next time. Yes there will be a next time, there must be a curse on your club. Put there by Barry Fry.

p.s, would Langford win?
    " And how can man die better
    Than facing fearful odds,
    For the ashes of his fathers,
    And the temples of his gods”
    ― Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome"

Hopefully this spirit might be taken up by the first team, but I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I was wondering about that one too but perhaps he was strangled after he drank hemlock, just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I was wondering about that one too but perhaps he was strangled after he drank hemlock, just to make sure.
    Could be I suppose, he was a 'bit of a unit' as they probably didn't use to say in the polis.