+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy's gone

Hardy's gone

from twitter ...

Thank you to all those who have supported me. I’m enormously proud to have last season welcomed more people through the turnstiles since 1993, a 25 year record. However, I’m taking a social media break and may return sometime in the future. Best wishes all. Stay positive #coyp

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    from twitter ...

Thank you to all those who have supported me. I’m enormously proud to have last season welcomed more people through the turnstiles since 1993, a 25 year record. However, I’m taking a social media break and may return sometime in the future. Best wishes all. Stay positive #coyp
    Taking a break from social media that's all

RT MK2. Similarities are there

Turning out to be just like Ray Trew.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Turning out to be just like Ray Trew.

A Ray Trewalike, Alan where's yer trewsers????

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    from twitter ...

I think it’s for the best and it’s pleasing that Alan Hardy maybe listening and learning. If I recall Kevin Nolan jokingly made a point about him being on social media in some interviews?

The thing is with football chairman on social media is at the start it’s great, everyone is full of adulation, there are pschopants and back slapping a plenty. With the Trews it was the first time that we had such access and openness with the owners and it was great. But once the honeymoon period was over and when things were not so good then that’s when things can get nasty and ugly. No matter how bad things get what the Trews had to deal with at times with such vitriol and negatively towards themselves and their families was too far. Alan Hardy would be wise to learn from what happened with the Trews and how sour it went for them being on social media.

I can’t fault Alan Hardy’s positively, enthusiasm and excitement and this has probably run away with him at times. The thing is once chairman put statements out there they can have a tendency to stick. Already people keep quoting his next England manager statement about Kevin Nolan which bares similarities to some of Ray Trews about signings etc...The thing is some supporters hang off every word and then throw their toys out of the pram when for whatever reason something does not materialise. It then becomes a stick to beat the owners with.

With the Trews on social media it was the first time we had such closeness with the owners and they were kind of the guinea pigs. This is where Alan Hardy must look at what happened with them and what can happen. It’s not worth subjecting yourself or family for that matter to such negativity when things are not going well on the field. Being on social media fuels this.

Overall the first 15 months for Alan Hardy were really good, the feel good factor returned and the club lifted with improved home record, better facilities and league position, along with an increase in attendances. It’s only the past four months where it’s been a tougher ride. Alan Hardy’s main priority is to appoint the right manager to retain our football league status.

I like to class good football chairman like good referees. They are there in the thick of the action but you don’t really notice them. So a step away from social media for me is the best thing Alan Hardy can do right now.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 18-11-2018 at 07:33 PM.

He don’t need the exposure on Twitter anymore, he’s got a new job as a radio presenter on radio 2 !

Makes you wonder why he would quit Twitter at this moment in time when he could be taking the plaudits for his new managerial appt any day soon??? No ???

Best decision he's made this year, let's hope his next one is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Best decision he's made this year, let's hope his next one is even better.

Excellent, now lets concentrate on getting Notts up the league.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast