+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England - the Real Deal?

Forget Brexit.I'll be dead before they sort that out.

Despite being English I support Wales,I have been here a long time.Giggs hasn't got it right yet and I'm not sure he is the man for the job but we have some really talented players coming through ie Brooks,Ampadu,Wilson,Woodburn,Lawrence and a couple of Roberts'.I think the new League,whatever it's called,is a good idea as well.If the last game we played against Denmark had been a friendly Cardiff City stadium would have been half full,but as it was it virtually sold out.Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    N'inquiete pas mon ami, I think there'll be plenty of kilometres in the Brexit debate for a long time yet. Could be longer running than the Mousetrap.
    "Kilometres" That's the last thing I thought I'd read from you Sinkov, enough of this metric nonsense, its Miles, yards, feet and inches

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    "Kilometres" That's the last thing I thought I'd read from you Sinkov, enough of this metric nonsense, its Miles, yards, feet and inches
    Not in the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, World Championships, Ski Jumping etc. it isn't

...but footy, cricket, tennis etc still use proper measurements!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    ...but footy, cricket, tennis etc still use proper measurements!
    most women prefer to measure in Inches ..lol

Sorry to lower the tone of the thread but...

I once went to a chiropodists.

I got my todger out and slapped it on the table.

"That's not a foot" she said.

"It's eleven inches" I replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Of course you're right Alto, I still operate in old money for most of the time, I used kilometres instead of mileage quite deliberately, as a gesture of goodwill to our friends in the Eurozone and their sycophants in the UK. I'm not all bad.

My wife still talks about fifty pence being ten bob! I had to tell her to behave herself when she asked if I had any florins for the parking meter in Wigan on Saturday!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)