+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: England - the Real Deal?

England - the Real Deal?

For the first time in my life (apart from a couple of years in the 90's) I am actually enjoying watching England.

Today they were superb and well deserved the victory, despite needing two late goals.

A very young team full of enthusiasm and not a little skill.

Well done Mr Southgate.

I'm still not convinced 59.

May be a tad early Alto but we are playing some entertaining stuff.

Semi-finalists in the World Cup and we have just deservedly beaten Spain and Croatia.

I am optimistic about the national team for the first time in yonks.

Played well and with a quick tempo but didn't score the goals when they were on top. After about half an hour, the Croatians started to get on the ball and slowed the game down a lot and we fell into that trap and were knocking the ball around the back four and stopped putting them under pressure.

Even in the second half we never got the quick tempo going again and when they scored I feared the worst because the goal was big inspiration to them. However, good substitutions pepped us up and we pressed hard and got our reward.

Excellent team display and one which we can still learn from, in spite of winning. It was a good game to watch and I enjoyed it. Well done Gareth, you have got these lads playing for you and actually caring about what they do!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    For the first time in my life (apart from a couple of years in the 90's) I am actually enjoying watching England.

Today they were superb and well deserved the victory, despite needing two late goals.

A very young team full of enthusiasm and not a little skill.

Well done Mr Southgate.
    Bugger Brexit 59/60, we can agree on this. A good team, a good coach, and good youngsters coming through by the bucket-load. If only Sterling could get his act together in the penalty area, we'd be virtually unbeatable.

Reasons to be cheerful, at last!

Biggest bonus for me in the last two games has surprisingly been Delph. I've never really rated him before, just a stop gap for England and a rarely seen bit part player for City, but he's so much more mobile and imaginative than the lumbering Dier and the limited Henderson that, along with a rejuvenated Barkley, he's transformed our midfield and given us yet another option. I can't wait for Foden to come through and join Sancho, this lot could actually win something.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bugger Brexit 59/60, we can agree on this. A good team, a good coach, and good youngsters coming through by the bucket-load. If only Sterling could get his act together in the penalty area, we'd be virtually unbeatable.
    Brexit worries me Sinkov.

When we leave in March what the hell are we going to argue about?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Brexit worries me Sinkov.

When we leave in March what the hell are we going to argue about?
    N'inquiete pas mon ami, I think there'll be plenty of kilometres in the Brexit debate for a long time yet. Could be longer running than the Mousetrap.

Not so sure Sinkov.

Unless Theresa knows something we don't, it seems like her withdrawal bill will not get through Parliament.

And no other option has a majority in Parliament.

I suspect we will "crash out" in March and that will be that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)