+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England and that there Nations League

England and that there Nations League

Still unsure what this league thing is all about. Apparently we've reached a semi final? How does that work when there's about 25 groups?!
    England have got their mojo back, a real joy to watch, reconnected with the nation.. Or so I've read. Because reading the reports is about as close as I can get thanks to Sky.
    Since the world cup I've not seen a single minute of my national team's games, just highlights on the Internet because even the highlights aren't on normal telly either.
    Roll on the Euro 2020 qualifiers, some of which will be on ITV.
    In what seems like a new dawn for the national team, I and surely many many more have been completely disconnected from it all. The exact opposite of what I'm being told by the media.

How many other nations can't watch their national side on terrestrial television? I read that UEFA have done a deal with Sky so I'm guessing quite a lot now, which is disgusting in itself.

It's going the same way as England cricket.... the football authorities have sold out to Murdoch too
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-11-2018 at 10:24 AM.

I prefer football to be on bbc.

Well done England on reaching the final of a unimportant competition however you dress it up

I tried to read some guidance on what it was all about on the BBC Sport website and lost the will to live after the second sentence

Easy way to see our games is move here as they are all on. Mind you thats ESPN3 that I get as part of the cable package costing $180 per month so I guess I'm contributing to Mr Murdoch's wealth.

As for the format, I think the theory of relativity is easier to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I prefer football to be on bbc.

Well done England on reaching the final of a unimportant competition however you dress it up
    Apparently if a team didn’t qualify for the next euros then they have a chance of still getting a chance through this competition 🙄

You can simplify the structure a bit if you consider Group D to be the "Dachshund et canard" teams, then work your way up from there. ie England were already in a top-ranked group.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-11-2018 at 09:20 PM.