+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan Dunn

Declan Dunn

Has signed a pro contract with Notts, good that we have another of our promising youngsters sign up.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...o-deal-191118/

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Has signed a pro contract with Notts, good that we have another of our promising youngsters sign up.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...o-deal-191118/
    Thought it was a bit of an odd one to confirm without a manager in but good luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    Thought it was a bit of an odd one to confirm without a manager in but good luck to him!
    Isn't that the point of having a DoF? Things like this can be actioned without a manager, could be a while before we get one.

Quote Originally Posted by theory_extinct View Post
    Isn't that the point of having a DoF? Things like this can be actioned without a manager, could be a while before we get one.
    Well I hope the DoF's talent spotting skills are better than his team formation and tactics skills!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Well I hope the DoF's talent spotting skills are better than his team formation and tactics skills!
    He didn't do bad at Forest. Wouldn't have him as manager though, or anywhere near the first team,

If Paul Hart is to be a success at Notts County it will be with his development of young players. I'm not having his record as a manager of senior teams, but his record with youngsters is excellent. That's clearly where his skills lie and the importance of that can't be under-stated. In that sense it's a shame we ever appointed Mick Walker as manager, because we lost from the youth set-up, and eventually from the club, an absolute genius at youth development.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If Paul Hart is to be a success at Notts County it will be with his development of young players. I'm not having his record as a manager of senior teams, but his record with youngsters is excellent. That's clearly where his skills lie and the importance of that can't be under-stated. In that sense it's a shame we ever appointed Mick Walker as manager, because we lost from the youth set-up, and eventually from the club, an absolute genius at youth development.
    Yes you are right Mick Walker was very good at his job but things have moved on considerably since then. He also worked under a manager that gave young players a chance in Jimmy.